Back in the saddle Again

Options
Annaduurai
Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
So though I have been insecurely on the wagon with my weight loss, I put on a seat belt last night. I started back on MFP and will be tracking every bite from now until God knows when.
I have not been on here since Feb 2013. My last log in I was 257 Here's where it hurts...
In March 2014 I got woosy at work at the flower shop and had to be tested for a heart attack because my EKG. I weighed in at 287lbs.
Yesterday when I signed up for MFP again I was 242 (which the doctors scale says is 3lb more than reality.) Woot!
Though there is weight loss happening, my health is continuing to fail. My test results aren't great from the doc and I have to get it together. No more bacon bombs on the grill I shall miss you bacon! Back to a semi raw, semi meatless diet. My cholesterol is high, my sugar is high, and my BP was high I need to get things in check and fast.
Anyhow, I am not doing it for the weight loss that will come, with time and perseverance. I got on here to have a full disclosure with my doctor and the encouragement of others. It helps that I can print out a log of food in and out for the week/month
I am hoping it will help in the fight.

Replies

• GrammyPammy145
    GrammyPammy145 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have slowly gotten my way back to getting healthy. Baby steps ... first gave up pork and bacon :neutral: and only had lean meat but mostly fish. I got a nutribullet and have gotten very used to having tons of veggies and greens again. Now I started back at a gym and I'm starting to feel good again. Less pain too.
  • Annaduurai
    Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I did the raw diet thing for a few months and did decent on it, then I craved meat so badly I of course went overboard and ate it indiscriminately. I was still losing weight so it was all good til the test results came back from the doc. I am trying to not feel defeated and just become more determined. We started growing our own free ranged eggs and meat chickens because buying organic free range chicken is too expensive and I like chicken. After finding out how much better it is for you when free ranged I decided to put the farm I have been living on back to work. I have not had animals here nor a garden big enough to sell at the market, for 12 years, or since my accident. I am so happy to have the ability to run a farm again physically! I guess the garden is my gym these days! In another week or so I should have tons of fresh veggies for juicing, salads and whatever else. It always tastes better when you worked hard to grow it. We opened the pool today so my cool down breaks will be more cardio time.