im a newbie

Options
mummyfin
mummyfin Posts: 29 Member
hi everyone. im a newbie as recommended by my sis in law :) have lost some weight doing another diet but seem to have come to a standstill and need some encouragement and new ideas. have had to give up runnning recently due to a previouse ankle injury so also looking for new excersie ideas, began walking more on top of what i already do and also been out for a swim this morning :)

Replies

• thayna123
    thayna123 Posts: 13
    Options
    Try Zumba. It's very fun, and burns 800 calories an hour. ;)
  • Famico
    Famico Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome to MFP!, best advice is to be strict and log everything regardless of how much difference you think it'll make, I still add black coffee which I prob burn off in the time it takes me to fill this in. :)

I was surprised at how much I was consuming when I started then soon set some achievable goals and well on my way. I would consult a quack about exercise if injured, however swimming is one of the best alrounders and no impact so good for your bones/joints as little stress on them.

Good luck, you can always come back to the forums for some encouragement,

Fam
  • mummyfin
    mummyfin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    thanx for the encouragement think it is just what i need to get me back on top of things. im hoping that the logging of all my foods will help me get used to what is what and hoping that it works due to maintining the last few weeks!
    hopefully seeing everyone success will also encourage me to do better :)
  • kashe8
    kashe8 Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome I am new too. This is a great place to get support and stay on track. Best of luck to you! You can do it!