round 2

Options
Hello! Ive started using this app again. Im try hard to lose weight. Obesity runs in my family and lot of members have had weight loss surgery. Im trying really hard to not have surgery. I want to try everything I possibly can first. Ive cut out so much bad stuff like fast food..soda havent touched it in months. So now im hoping this app will help me become aware of what im actually eating and help me limit and change more things.slow and steady! I didnt put it on overnight and its not going to come off over night!

Replies

• JenM261
    JenM261 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You can do it!!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    ang6181980 wrote: »
    Hello! Ive started using this app again. Im try hard to lose weight. Obesity runs in my family and lot of members have had weight loss surgery. Im trying really hard to not have surgery. I want to try everything I possibly can first. Ive cut out so much bad stuff like fast food..soda havent touched it in months. So now im hoping this app will help me become aware of what im actually eating and help me limit and change more things.slow and steady! I didnt put it on overnight and its not going to come off over night!

Obesity runs in my family too (not one person is of normal weight), but I won't let my health suffer. I see my grandparents and parents with medical issues all stemming from their weight, so I focus on staying active. I don't deprive myself either. Once you say 'no more of this' that's all you crave. I have a cheat day every Sunday where I go to a restaurant and order whatever and finish my day with a pint of ice cream.

You can do it.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Jen, I'm there with you. Obesity runs in my family also. Last year when I joined mfp I made a commitment that I would do everything I could to avoid surgery. Since then I am down 70 pounds for a total of 116 pound loss. This is possible. The best thing I did was to start logging everything I ate, drank and all my exercise. It is an eye opener. You will very quickly learn what works and what doesn't.

Be stronger than your strongest excuse.
  • ang6181980
    ang6181980 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. This makes me feel a whole lot better. Its a long road ahead but ive made that first step!