Help needed with weight goal

Options
So I am looking to loose 90lbs by Christmas. At minute I am 20st 6lbs and want to be down to 14lbs. Worked out from now til then would be 3lbs a week. Question is is this possible with diet and gym sessions of cardio and weights?? Or am I day dreaming?? Has anyone done this before. HELP please!!!

Replies

• hausoftay
    hausoftay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    14 stone stupid phone not 14lbs lol
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    90 pounds in six months...nope, not in a healthy way. I'd aim for next Christmas instead.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Start the process. Weigh your foods and log accurately. Don't throw yourself into high-intensity exercise if you're out of shape--build up endurance and then begin adding heavy weights and complex moves. Don't stress yourself out with a deadline.

You can do this. 90 pounds by Christmas? Don't think in those terms. Think of the process and results will follow.
  • MikeLeTwigg
    MikeLeTwigg Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Doable but tough.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    OP, your profile says you've lost 47 pounds already. You know the answer.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    That would really be pushing it. Fifty pounds would be more realistic.
  • hausoftay
    Options

It's 90lbs on top of that already that's the thing
  • hausoftay
    Options
    Start the process. Weigh your foods and log accurately. Don't throw yourself into high-intensity exercise if you're out of shape--build up endurance and then begin adding heavy weights and complex moves. Don't stress yourself out with a deadline.

You can do this. 90 pounds by Christmas? Don't think in those terms. Think of the process and results will follow.

Thanks for that perspective
  • hausoftay
    Options
    Doable but tough.

Yeah just worried incase it makes me I'll as it's a bug number
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Personally (having lost 9st so far myself) I'd say it was too fast to be good for you. Especially as you're working out as well you need to be getting enough nutrients to make it worth the work. Lose too quickly and you'll lose lean muscle too and lower your metabolism. Why the big rush?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    hausoftay wrote: »
    How long did it take you to lose those 47 pounds? Weight loss generally takes longer per pound as you have fewer pounds to lose. If it took you 9 months to lose that first 47 pounds then it may take a year to lose the next 47 pounds.
  • hausoftay
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    How long did it take you to lose those 47 pounds? Weight loss generally takes longer per pound as you have fewer pounds to lose. If it took you 9 months to lose that first 47 pounds then it may take a year to lose the next 47 pounds.

Lost that since January but in 3 years lost 12 stone so far

• hausoftay
    Options
    Personally (having lost 9st so far myself) I'd say it was too fast to be good for you. Especially as you're working out as well you need to be getting enough nutrients to make it worth the work. Lose too quickly and you'll lose lean muscle too and lower your metabolism. Why the big rush?

Just want to hit that goal weight soon. Been dieting for 3 years and want to go into 2016 as a new person
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why set a time limit? Why not just embrace a lifestyle change and enjoy whatever comes off.
  • se612
    se612 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Just want to hit that goal weight soon. Been dieting for 3 years and want to go into 2016 as a new person

If you just keep going as you are then your already changing into a different person! No matter what the scales look like! 50lbs down, whats another 50lbs, then before you know it another 40lbs
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »

Lost that since January but in 3 years lost 12 stone so far
    ^total respect to that mate. well done. My view is that the more weight you drop the harder it is to drop at the same weight safely. Right now I bet you can shift 3lb a week with effort but as your weight reduces it will become tougher. I would go with the advice about starting out plan but adjust your plans as you go along. I know its good to set time limits but the way I would look at it in 2 years time will it have mattered how fast you lost it rather than the fact you lost it :) Good luck to you whatever you decided mate I'm sure you will get there :-)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    As Mike says yes, then Ill give you a big NO. Why set yourself this target? You lost 12 stone in 3 years (gratz) and now you want to lose 6 stone in c 6 months? You think you are going to have a rate of loss over 3x greater?

Part of your journey should be about learning how to change your lifestyle and engage in healthy sustained weight loss. Good luck with your effort, but i find it baffling, especually consider your previous success.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

I'm 3 year in too so know where you're coming from but neither of us will be new people once we're done - just smaller ones. Do your best but don't expect it all to be off by New Year. 3lbs a week every week just isn't feasible.