Now that Christmas is over......

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Toy packaging - :angry: :explode: :angry: Does it really need to be made out of tank-strength plastic???? And was there a rash of children eating/dying from eating batteries that I missed??? Why do you need 10 different screwdrivers to open the battery compartments????? :explode: :angry:

That is all! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Options
    Toy packaging - :angry: :explode: :angry: Does it really need to be made out of tank-strength plastic???? And was there a rash of children eating/dying from eating batteries that I missed??? Why do you need 10 different screwdrivers to open the battery compartments????? :explode: :angry:

That is all! :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Lets see. I got a weight bench. DH got a headset. DD got some Omaha steaks.

No batteries required.

:ohwell:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Lets see. I got a weight bench. DH got a headset. DD got some Omaha steaks.

No batteries required.

:ohwell:

CrossedArms.gif Please respond when you can bit(h appropriately.

Thank you.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ok one of my toys required batteries....but uh that is for a different thread. :blushing:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    And here I thought this would be the thread we were all posted the gifts we received but didn't want and we could all SWAP!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    there is a king of queens episode where he is trying to open something. it is in that stupid packaging and he asks for scissors....she hands him the new pair she just bought which is of COURSE in the same kind of package.

:sad: :sad: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Ok one of my toys required batteries....but uh that is for a different thread. :blushing:

:laugh: :laugh:

Floozy! CrossedArms.gif
  • Shannon023
    Options
    And here I thought this would be the thread we were all posted the gifts we received but didn't want and we could all SWAP!!

It could be. I had no real purpose when I started this. :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Omg, I hate that! It takes like an hour to get into one toy!!

Nothing worse than an excited child on Christmas Day having to wait an hour or more to actually play with it while you try to get the stupid thing out of the packaging!!!

Then another hour to get it open and the batteries in!! :explode:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Nothing worse than an excited child on Christmas Day having to wait an hour or more to actually play with it while you try to get the stupid thing out of the packaging!!!

Dat's what I'm talking about! five.gif

One of dd's toys needed a long screwdriver the diameter of a toothpick! :explode: Had to take it to my parents & raid my dads tools for one! :grumble:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Dat's what I'm talking about! five.gif

One of dd's toys needed a long screwdriver the diameter of a toothpick! :explode: Had to take it to my parents & raid my dads tools for one! :grumble:
    And I thought it was bad having to wait for my dad to snap in the pieces of my Barbie motor home back in the day!! :blushing: :huh:

:laugh:
  • heartbrake
    Options
    All that extra packaging is such a waste of materials and obviously a million other things...what a shame
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Have any of your kids tried to assemble the stuff themselves and made a mess of it?
    Many years ago now my eldest tried to assemble sisters ' Santa pressie barbie bike and messed up big time .... (now ex DH) had an awful time trying to repair whilst said two kids were argueing and fighting like crazy ....all this by 6am .... originally didn't want to wake us to do it. Awwww :laugh:
    Least it didn't require batteries :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I have bloody knuckles from the masacre that is toy packaging! *kitten*! Want to see what "SANTA" put together for my children? SANTA got all the credit & SANTA wasn't up until 2am putting the dang thing together!

DSCN0591.JPG

I have 3 nephews & 1 niece & then my 3 kids. On Christmas somehow dh & I are always the ONLY TWO opening toys for SIX kids. I bought my own pocketknife simply for that. Ridiculous!

(was that proper bit(hing, Shannon? :bigsmile: )
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oh, and every single bloody piece of that damn train table was wrapped in a little plastic bag & taped shut. WTH?:angry:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started. I had to open "My little pet shop" packages over the holiday and I cut myself many times on my hands. I was not happy. :grumble:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I have bloody knuckles from the masacre that is toy packaging! *kitten*! Want to see what "SANTA" put together for my children? SANTA got all the credit & SANTA wasn't up until 2am putting the dang thing together!

DSCN0591.JPG

I have 3 nephews & 1 niece & then my 3 kids. On Christmas somehow dh & I are always the ONLY TWO opening toys for SIX kids. I bought my own pocketknife simply for that. Ridiculous!

(was that proper bit(hing, Shannon? :bigsmile: )

That's my girl! :smooched:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

It could be. I had no real purpose when I started this. :laugh:

Well, if that's the case, I have a set of ILs I'd like to trade in....oh...gifts...not family members. LOL
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Don't get me started. I had to open "My little pet shop" packages over the holiday and I cut myself many times on my hands. I was not happy. :grumble:

Seriously, I betcha staph infections go WAY up over the holiday's! :grumble:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

Seriously, I betcha staph infections go WAY up over the holiday's! :grumble:

Yes, I agree. They way they tie those little rubber bands around those tiny little toys always amazes me. Those workers must have really tiny fingers. :ohwell: