I am looking for some good running music

Options
I have been trying to do the Pod runner series on my iPod to get better at running, but I really do not like techno music that much. Can anyone recommend some other running collections that have either pop or rock music with a steady beat for good pacing that I can download? Pod runner is great because it is free.

Replies

• Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    the only music I like listening to when I run is rock the fas beat keeps me pump up and ready to go
  • alliebe
    alliebe Posts: 21
    Options
    I listen to skillet radio from pandora. Love it!
  • shy_46
    shy_46 Posts: 36
    Options
    Good Vibrations by Marky Mark. I find that when it starts playing on my Ipod I get more motivated.
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I hope you get some good ideas, because I need some good music, too. I'm an elliptical-er, so I like fast (but not techno).

Do you have "I run for life" from Melissa Ethridge? It came on during my last 5 minutes last night and practically saved me! GREAT inspiration and good tempo.

Its slightly embarrassing, here are some of the songs I hope come up on random toward the end of a workout to keep me going:
    Cup of Life - Ricky Martin (I know....but it works!)
    Jai Ho - *****cat dolls
    Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
    Bad Girlfriend - Theory of a Deadman
    Mudshovel - Staind
    Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
    Rolling in the Deep - Adele

Ugh, I know there are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head!
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I listen to the sound track of Mama Mia. It's upbeat and fun! :-)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    There are loads of running themes on itunes. I like the nike 10k album.
  • alliebe
    alliebe Posts: 21
    Options
    Coincidentally my friend just sent me this link, I thinik you might find it useful too.

http://jog.fm/