How long till you un-friend someone?

Options
We obviously look for friends in this social network in order to help keep ourselves motivated. I like to have active friends on my feed and like to encourage them while competing to out-do their results.

So, when it comes to seeing a friend not logging in or seeing no activity, when do YOU decide to give them boot from your list of friends? :D

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    3 months without logging in
  • StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Ten days or so of not logging
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    depends on how long we've been friends and why we are friends.

I typically will not remove weight lifting women...or someone who's been on my FL for a long time...

But if not friends for a long time 14 days no logging, no interaction, stupid stuff and starving themselves.
  • Tailgater75
    Tailgater75 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    LOL...I just started booting a few for not being active for 2 weeks! I just like seeing people really put in the effort I guess...and be social. :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Varies. I usually wait till it's been a few months and I check their newsfeed to see if they posted something (that maybe I missed or forgot about) that explains the absence. If the absence is related to a life event (like pregnancy or a death in the family), then I leave them on my friends list for up to a year to see if they come back.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I usually don't boot for inactivity. I don't have the time to monitor silly things like that. But I will boot someone for unhealthy behaviors like consistently low calories.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I wait a little longer than a few weeks, couple months maybe? A long list of friends that aren't participating or being supportive..just clutters up my friend list. :)
  • Tailgater75
    Options
    Azurite27 wrote: »
    I usually don't boot for inactivity. I don't have the time to monitor silly things like that. But I will boot someone for unhealthy behaviors like consistently low calories.

What would you consider a low calorie? MFP seems to give me "the warning" if I try to complete my day without eating at least 1200 calories. I try to keep it around 1400 even if i "have to" drink a beer to get me over that hump. lol :D
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Significantly under 1200 on a regular basis. But for a man, even 1400 is a bit low. There's no rush... no need to starve yourself.
  • Tailgater75
    Options
    It's been rather amazing that I've changed my eating habits so much in such a short period of time with this app. I tend to lend toward certain foods that are filling yet low cal. Sometimes I feel like I'm going way over my calories until I actually look at my totals. lol, I don't think I've ever eaten this much broccoli, grilled chicken, turkey sausage or patties in my life! I don't seem to miss the foot long subs or fast food cheeseburgers as much as I thought I would.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Am such a coward. I rarely do it because I dont like to think they might come back and need assistance. I feel a bit guilty when I do.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    30 days not logging in
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I was wondering that too. I have a few MFP friends who were all about constant contact for about 3 days to a week...now nothing. Not even a like. So......I'm thinking the same type of thoughts.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I got dumped by 3 people this week out of the blue. Maybe they all know each other?? No matter. I'm not into posting on my home page. I don't care what people are doing to work out, and I don't get motivated by others. I read the forums and post there occasionally. Mostly I post in a group of like-minded people. If they want to give me the boot, I get it. But I also don't care...
  • buffer221
    buffer221 Posts: 4,751 Member
    Options
    only if I notice they aren't active, but some take breaks when they need it
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    pbradtke75 wrote: »
    We obviously look for friends in this social network in order to help keep ourselves motivated. I like to have active friends on my feed and like to encourage them while competing to out-do their results.

So, when it comes to seeing a friend not logging in or seeing no activity, when do YOU decide to give them boot from your list of friends? :D

Not me. I look for friends that I can creep their undie/swimsuit/torso pics. They can stay inactive foreva.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    pbradtke75 wrote: »
    What would you consider a low calorie? MFP seems to give me "the warning" if I try to complete my day without eating at least 1200 calories. I try to keep it around 1400 even if i "have to" drink a beer to get me over that hump. lol :D

I just never bother to complete my day. Why would anyone bother? All it does it tell you how much you might weigh in 5 weeks in some fantasyland.