Thoughts on It Works?

I have a friend who sells it and really wants me to get into it. Anyone on here have any experience with it that they could share??

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    If it's sold by a MLM, it's a scam.

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    The only thing that works with that is separating you from your $$$... and of course your friend wants you to get into it, its easy $$$ for her.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    It just makes you sweat. You can achieve the same thing with some body lotion and Saran Wrap.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Of all the MLM platforms that sell over-priced weight loss products, It Works is probably, ironically, the one that works the least.

I would stay far, far away from it and save your money.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    I have a friend who sells it and really wants me to get into it. Anyone on here have any experience with it that they could share??

A friend wouldn't sell complete junk to you.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    It doesn't
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Of course your friend really wants to get you into it. SHE'S MAKING MONEY OFF IT!

If it's called "It Works", it doesn't.
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    "It Works" works well for the guys selling it! :smiley:
  • haleslucas2014
    haleslucas2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Has anyone tried the supplements at all?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Waste of money.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Its low quality junk. All mlm crap
  • noosteo
    noosteo Posts: 1 Member
    haleslucas2014, please stay away from supplements! They are dangerous. What most of them do is elevate your heart-rate and or body temperature. Very dangerous! Doesn't matter how healthy you are, these will ruin it. The only way to truly lose weight and keep it off is to change your diet and exercise habits. Also, don't rely solely on one thing. Find an activity you love and do that.

As for this site, take it with a grain of salt. What they do here is admirable, but they are wrong. When you exercise, you burn calories. Good. That's what you want. But then this site ADDS those calories to your daily intake allowance!!! That negates the good that the exercise did. You must watch your intake, do NOT go over your daily allowance (very often - now and again it's ok) but do not count exercise as free calories. If you do that you will NOT lose weight. You will maintain. If that's what you want, fine, but it sounds like you want to lose weight. Diet (eat right, eat enough - not too much) and move!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Works to empty your wallet?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    noosteo wrote: »
    haleslucas2014, please stay away from supplements! They are dangerous. What most of them do is elevate your heart-rate and or body temperature. Very dangerous! Doesn't matter how healthy you are, these will ruin it. The only way to truly lose weight and keep it off is to change your diet and exercise habits. Also, don't rely solely on one thing. Find an activity you love and do that.

As for this site, take it with a grain of salt. What they do here is admirable, but they are wrong. When you exercise, you burn calories. Good. That's what you want. But then this site ADDS those calories to your daily intake allowance!!! That negates the good that the exercise did. You must watch your intake, do NOT go over your daily allowance (very often - now and again it's ok) but do not count exercise as free calories. If you do that you will NOT lose weight. You will maintain. If that's what you want, fine, but it sounds like you want to lose weight. Diet (eat right, eat enough - not too much) and move!!

Wow.

OP, don't listen to any of that advice.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member

No, your calorie deficit to lose weight is built into your daily intake, because MFP is designed for people to lose weight without exercise. MFP uses the NEAT method to calculate calories, which is why exercise gives you additional calories. Most people eat back 50-75% of those calories to help fuel their workouts.
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member

I have eaten back most if not all of my calories for the last year and I have lost 40 lbs. MFP works :wink:
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member

You do know that you need to eat some of those calories back in order to fuel your workouts, right? And that if you're not doing the NEAT method you can override your calories burned to 1?

Also, I didn't see anyone discuss exercise calories until you commented.

FWIW, eating none of my exercise calories for several months burned me out physically, eating half caused me to lose faster than MFP expected, and eating all of them for one month slowed but did not halt my loss. My n=1 sample beats your strong first post.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    It doesn't.