I am new to MFP.

Options
i am excited to start my journey! i have tried a little bit of everything over the years to lose weight. i have NEVER not been overweight/obese. i am ready know what it is like to not live like this. i am ready to live life and not let life leave me behind because of my weight.
i had my first scare w/ high blood pressure 2 weeks ago. i lost 16 lbs on my own before i started mfp.. and dropped my blood pressure back to very close to normal.. but i would like to have some more support from people who have been or are where i am.. i would like to lose about 150obs. i am fully aware this is going to be a long journey. i need some people who won't let me give up. and give me a pat on the back when it is deserved. thank you all. i hope we can mutually support each other. :)

Replies

• rainyday99
    rainyday99 Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome! I hear everything your saying and i am here to support you!! You already accomplished the first and most important step... you started something, you acknowledge it, and you put yourself first... WAY TO GO!! Add me as a friend if you would like - I have found nothing but amazing support here.
  • mauck7
    mauck7 Posts: 74
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP! This is an amazing place to be for encouragement and inspiration. Feel free to add me as a friend. We are all here to help each other and learn from eachother. I love MFP and I hope you find it as comforting as I have. ;-)
  • Taretta
    Taretta Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm new too and I love the energy from this site. Remember to take things one step at a time, one day at a time. We are all in this together, but there's work we all must do individually. My new mindset is to eat to live, rather live to eat. Join me as we take control of lives.
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome!! I am fairly new myself. I lost 5lbs. prior to using MFP but have lost 15 more. My scare was cholesterol so I am determined to get it and my weight down. I am interested in making new friends and giving and receiving support so please feel free to add me as well:)