Hey Everyone..! "Stuck in a plateau"

Options
Hi guys, curvy London girl here. Have lost 30 pounds and have hit a plateau :( got 40 pounds still to go. Really struggling at the moment as I am working so hard and seeing zero results :( I have just taken up running so I'm hoping that will help. Desperate for any support / advice from people in the same boat. I feel like my target weight is Everest and I will never get there!

Replies

• pitkin03
    pitkin03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the motivation to get there and youve done incredibly well so far don't be so hard on yourself. Running is a good way to continue with your goal!!!
    Good luck I'm sure you'll hit your target before you know it
  • lipstickalley117
    lipstickalley117 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What's your diet consist of maybe I could give you a few pointers that can boost your metabolism to help you loose weight. Have you tried a detox?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck? A plateau imo is about 6 weeks plus of no loss.

Ofc you will get there as long as you do the right things.

No idea if you are working hard. You dont give us much information. The standard reasons why people dont lose are:
    1. You are eating more than you think= check your logging weigh your food.
    2. You are burning less than you think.
    3. You havent worked out your deficit correctly and are set at the wrong level.
    4. You arent being patient enough and have unrealistic expectations or fail to understand how weight loss works.

You dont sound completely in control of understanding what you are doing. It helps.
    Start with

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Dont worry its all straightforward.
  • 999tigger
    edited June 2015
    Options
    What's your diet consist of maybe I could give you a few pointers that can boost your metabolism to help you loose weight. Have you tried a detox?

Ignore this its poor advice. You do not need to detox, you do need to be at a consistent deficit to lose.
  • lipstickalley117
    lipstickalley117 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't tell anyone to ignore what I have to say just because you swear your way is better everyone's body is different and you haven't even heard what I had to say I use all natural fruits and veggies to detox not drugs. I'm trying to find out her situation.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    How long have you been stuck? A plateau imo is about 6 weeks plus of no loss.

Ofc you will get there as long as you do the right things.

No idea if you are working hard. You dont give us much information. The standard reasons why people dont lose are:
    1. You are eating more than you think= check your logging weigh your food.
    2. You are burning less than you think.
    3. You havent worked out your deficit correctly and are set at the wrong level.
    4. You arent being patient enough and have unrealistic expectations or fail to understand how weight loss works.

You dont sound completely in control of understanding what you are doing. It helps.
    Start with

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Dont worry its all straightforward.

This

Detoxes are ridiculous media nonsense spread by people who don't understand how the body works...please ignore that advice
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Don't tell anyone to ignore what I have to say just because you swear your way is better everyone's body is different and you haven't even heard what I had to say I use all natural fruits and veggies to detox not drugs. I'm trying to find out her situation.

Waste of time if you have a functioning liver and kidneys

Please name one toxin you think you are removing from your body and through what process...because science
  • 999tigger
    Options

Detoxes are a big con and you have no scientific proof they work or have any basis.
    You also make a total guess at why it might help the OP.
    Part of your journey should be learning about how weight loss works, whats true and whats myth. This is a regular myth that crops up every week. just search the forums with detox and see what the responses are. Its poor information, that has no merit.

If you wnat to lose weight, then focus on the deficit and calorie counting, the forums are full of people who lose based on effective calorie counting and not people who are losing through consistent detoxes.
  • GemeliaFP
    GemeliaFP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support :)
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Oh I'm sorry, where did you go to school for nutrition ?
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

Detoxes are hoaxs. Just stop.
  • QuallyLeShay
    QuallyLeShay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sorry this turned into a bashing session instead of the support you actually needed. You've obviously done great so far! It's hard when you feel like you've come to a stand still. I did at 40 lbs and sadly fell off the wagon and gained about 5 lbs back before I realized it. Sigh. I had to have someone actually physically hide the scale from me! I had gotten compulsive about weighing myself in the mornings! I would cheat all day if I didn't see results. :( of course it only made it worse. I only weigh myself one time a week now. It helped! I noticed that I was doing better about not cheating because I was so afraid it would go up more and I couldn't check it. Lol. Funny how our minds work sometimes. Maybe that would be an option for you. Take pictures of yourself and get rid of the scale. Focus on the physical changes you can see and feel instead of a number. It worked for me. I'm back at it! Good luck!
  • MarjoryLoebePerez
    MarjoryLoebePerez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First, you've done incredibly well so far so celebrate your achievement. Secondly, take it day by day. If you focus on your entire weight loss goal of course it feels like Mt. Everet!! And finally, a number on a scale can be deceiving. Focus instead on how your feeling, how your clothes are fitting, etc. as you increase your workouts your building muscle which will eventually take the place of the fat you are losing. So take it day by day - burn more calories than you consume, so light weights/high reps to build muscle and give yourself a break - this is a journey and every step forward brings you closer to your goal :) good luck and chin up :)
  • larsunrise16
    larsunrise16 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Keep your eyes on the prize!
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Detoxes are hoaxs. Just stop.

amen.
  • seebexshrink
    seebexshrink Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi guys... Thanks so much for the support you have sent across. Some of the comments seemed a bit nasty.. I have worked really hard to get here and I was just looking for a boost. I think plateaus are common and it something I am working hard to get over (hence why I am using this app and tracking everything) Didn't mean to cause a detox argument.
    I monitoring all my calories and working out 5 days a week. X