Weight Loss for vegetarians

Options
daleep
daleep Posts: 8 Member
Hi everyone.

I am a vegetarian that does not like vegetables:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Can anyone help. What are the best sources of protein for sad vegetarians like me.

Finally how many calories does one have to burn to shed a pound in weight.

Looking forward to hearing from fellow friends.

DP

Replies

• FruitLoop05317
    Options
    3500 calories is a pound...but ive never heard of a vegetarian not liking veggies how does that work?? lol do you eat much peanut butter?? or maybe tofu??
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    boca burgers!
    http://www.bocaburger.com/
    love all of their products
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry... WTH do you eat???

Fruit??
  • Curvygoth
    Curvygoth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

My husband and I are both vegetarian and hate mushrooms and are not particularly fond of vegetables. I can manage more than him but he tends to turn green when presented with green things on his plate!!! Our diet staples tend to be bread, cheese, tomatos, pasta etc - which is why we are here!!

Our protein is usually from cheese but now we are being good we are getting it from Quorn steaks (lemon and pepper is yum) and meet free balls to make spaghetti and meatballs.

Curvygoth
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    wow that a new one but i will say im a pescatarian (only eat seafood) so next time a veggie wants to give me a hard time ill tell them about you:laugh:
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, eggs, egg whites, greek yogurt, lentils, beans, nuts, and protein powder are great sources of protein!

I'm a pollotarian :D. Only eat poultry, and have always had problems getting enough protein.
  • daleep
    Options
    I do eat vegetables but very limited. My diet is high in carbs which is not good hence my question
  • daleep
    Options
    I do eat vegetables but very limited. My diet is high in carbs which is not good hence my question
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would think the issue with skipping your veggies would not be lack of protein but other nutrients... Do you guys take a vegetarian multi-vitamin? I take B-12 but I do eat veggies. I would think a vitamin would help fill in the nutrient gaps.
    Best of luck!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Legumes for protein - lentils, chick peas, kidney beans, etc.
  • adougherty10
    Options
    If i were you, I'd start experimenting with different ways to eat veggies. Maybe with enough spices & if they are cooked a certain way you would like them? Do you like beans? Try doing a google search for things like "Healthy vegetarian Indian recipes", "healthy vegetarian Japanese recipes", "healthy vegetarian Thai recipes" - you get the idea. Maybe if you enhance your culinary skills you can find a way to like veggies (and beans/lentils/nuts - where you should be getting your protein).

Hope this helps. You can add me - we can figure this out together :flowerforyou:
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    wow that a new one but i will say im a pescatarian (only eat seafood) so next time a veggie wants to give me a hard time ill tell them about you:laugh:

Love it! Me too!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Eggs, greek yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, milk, non-dairy milk, beans, nuts, peanut butter, protein powder, tofu, soy, tempeh, quinoa, lentils. That's an incomplete list, but there are a LOT of great and easy ways to get protein as a vegetarian, and even as a vegan. You just have to find some protein-rich foods that you like, and that you can regularly incorporate in your daily meals. Good luck! :)
  • beccasetsfire
    beccasetsfire Posts: 135
    Options
    My Fiance and I are Vegans He does not like veggies either... But that resulted in my gaining a lot of weight because we were always eating junk food & processed food. I still eat fake chicken from time to time but my diet mostly consists of fruits, veggies, & grains... I'm not sure if it's really possible to lose weight as a Vegetarian or Vegan without eating veggies...