Advice needed

Options
MsBonfire
MsBonfire Posts: 12 Member
I just joined yesterday and decided that I would allow myself more calories at the weekend. I'm not sure it's been a good idea. So far it's around 2000 calories Fri and Sat and I've still got Sun to go. My plan was to go down to 1400 the rest of the week. I have 13 pounds to lose. I was hoping to lose these 13lbs in 8 weeks. Is this achievable at this calorie intake? I'm not eating exercise calories back. I do 2 Bodypump classes(60 min each), 2 Metafit classes (30 min each), 1 Insanity class (50mins) and 45 min cv training and 20 freeweights in gym per week.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose, you should only expect to lose 1/2 lb per week, MAYBE one lb per week. So set your goal for that, enter your stats, and MFP will give you a daily calorie goal. If it works better for you, you can multiply that by seven and make that your weekly goal,so you can eat more on some days and less on others. But personally I don't think you can give yourself a free pass for three whole days and expect to make up for it during the rest of the week. You should still have a goal on those days, and learn to make smart choices that won't eat up any progress you have already made. You need to find a balance where you can enjoy your food, fuel your workouts, and lose your weight. And you should be eating back some of your exercise calories, that is how MFP is designed to work.

• liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I started out with about 15lbs to lose, and used to give myself 2 cheat days a week at about 2000 cals for 2 days, but the foods I ate on those 2 days were so full of sodium, that it took days to get my body flushed back out and back in business. I think if you cut cheat days to 2, and limit sodium it work with a 1400/day plan for the rest of the week. Only thing is, that 1400 calories have to be clean foods, not processed. Good Luck!
  • MsBonfire
    MsBonfire Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    With so little to lose, you should only expect to lose 1/2 lb per week, MAYBE one lb per week. So set your goal for that, enter your stats, and MFP will give you a daily calorie goal. If it works better for you, you can multiply that by seven and make that your weekly goal,so you can eat more on some days and less on others. But personally I don't think you can give yourself a free pass for three whole days and expect to make up for it during the rest of the week. You should still have a goal on those days, and learn to make smart choices that won't eat up any progress you have already made. You need to find a balance where you can enjoy your food, fuel your workouts, and lose your weight. And you should be eating back some of your exercise calories, that is how MFP is designed to work.

Well really I am eating my exercise calories back and maybe more, that's why I was giving myself extra over 3 days rather than over 7.