who's signed up to lose .5 lbs per week?

Options
Is anyone signed up to lose 1/2 lb per week? if so is it working for you? are you losing exaclty a 1/2 lb more or less?

Replies

• dbendelow
    dbendelow Posts: 27
    Options
    my goal is 1lb per week but over the last 9 weeks i've only lost 4.5lb which is less than 1/2lb per week. :(

at least its coming off and not going on. no matter how slowly i guess, its going in the right direction
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am set at 0.5 lb/week. Generally I have been losing more, around 1 lb/week.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I started at 2lbs/week but have customized since then and now my settings are just < 1 lb/week (~0.8lb). I am typically pretty close to that goal. Of course there is some fluctuation with diet/water retention, but I typically don't gain or lose more than a lb.

I changed because I have read that it is better to slowly lose the last 10-15lbs to help ensure your loss is body fat (and not muscle!). The closer you are to your goal weight the harder it is to lose... didn't want to set myself up for disappointment.
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When I first started I had it set to that cause I wasn't in any hurry but I upped it to 1lb (0.8 really) because it wasn't working.

Although I do believe it was my fault that it didn't work - I ate the wrong foods.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have mine set for 1/2 lb a week. The first two months I lost one lb a week, but these last two months it's been more like 1/2 lb a week.