Steak Day Count has broken my motivation. :-(

I have been logging my food for a long time. Yesterday I wasn't feeling well and spent most of the day in bed. I ate of course but didn't log yesterday's food until this morning. Now it shows me BACK to " 1 Day Streak" for logging food! I have lost 44 pounds and still have 106 pounds to lose. Logging food streak is motivator. It also is a motivator downer for me today! I didn't get yesterday's food logged by midnight last night and My Fitness Pal made sure they let me know I'm BACK to "1 Day Streak". I think if you get your food for the day before logged with in 48 hours, it should not break your streak. I'm a grandma. I'll be 60 years old in September. Feeling let down today by My Fitness Pal. All because I wasn't feeling well for a day. :-(.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Riiiiight... The logging streak works when you log in.... If you don't log in, you don't keep your streak....
  • Slimcerely
    Slimcerely Posts: 11 Member
    Oh I understand but I still feel cheated because I did log my food for yesterday this morning. And have logged my breakfast for today too. Just not feeling motivated. <sigh>
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Slimcerely wrote: »
    Oh I understand but I still feel cheated because I did log my food for yesterday this morning. And have logged my breakfast for today too. Just not feeling motivated. <sigh>

Think about why you started your journey... Don't blame MFP for 'letting you down', it's a tool, it's you who has to do the hard work.

Eyes on the prize! You can do it!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    There is a way to reset it but I forget how or where....someone may know and post the instructions.

I lost my streak a couple months ago for the same reason but...I didn't let it ruin my motivation. It's just an app....the real motivator should be that 44 lbs you lost (congrats me too!! :) ) not the login streak.
  • Slimcerely
    I will. Just needed to vent. Thank you for replying.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I was getting ready to talk about steak.

Anyway, no big deal. Like @TavistockToad said, it's just a tool.
  • Slimcerely
    I'm glad I vented here. You all reminded me that it's the goal I need to focus on. Thank you friends.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    try this link to reset your streak. if this doesn't work, then go to "help" above, type in reset streak, and you can find others that have asked questions about resetting your streak back to the correct number. but this is the link. good luck. I've had to do it a couple times, and they reset it almost immediately. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    arditarose wrote: »

This.

• Slimcerely
    Thanks for the info and link. I'll check it out now. Sherry in Indy
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited June 2015
    arditarose wrote: »

Anyway, no big deal. Like @TavistockToad said, it's just a tool.

Me too!! I got so excited. I thought there was a Steak Day in the US or something and I didn’t celebrate it. That would not be ok.

Don’t let losing your streak get you down - what matters is that you’re still on track! You should be super proud of that, and it’ll be fun to build the streak back up :smile: Congratulations for your success thus far, and keep your eye on the prize!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Also Sherry, did you know that the logging streak isn't really about logging your food? Nope. It turns out its just logging into MFP that continues the streak. IOW, people who just read the forums but never log food continue their streak.

Definitely use the counter reset link and get your streak back.

Kathy

55835802.png
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    That is part of what makes your X Day Streak so special! You can't just go back and "say you did it". You had to be there. :)
  • Slimcerely
    You all are great! :-). I'm now feeling positive and Emilia777, you made me laugh out loud about the "streak day". Lol. Each of you have pulled me out of the pity party I was having to a smile on my face. Thank you. :-). Now I know you all are gonna think I was being a baby about the streak count when I tell of the following. My husband of 42 years is battling lung cancer, it's been a year he's been cancer free, goes this Wednesday for the every 3 months CT scans to make sure he's still cancer clear ( his left kidney removed due to cancer, then it spread to his right lung, had part of the lung removed and did 4 months of chemo), he had a quadruple by pass 6 years ago too. And our only granddaughter, 12 going on 30, lol, was born with spina bifada, has had many surgerys, but is doing great. It seems everyday I have so many major decisions, that something that was suppose to motivate me, an app, let me down and why did it ??? Lol. I'm sorry for being a whiny baby and I still am glad I posted cause you all got me grounded. The week he goes for these follow ups, I feel like I'm holding my breath until the doctor says " looks great, see you in 3 months ". Reason being is when he had his kidney removed, we went every 3 month follow ups for a year and the last one is when they found it had spread. So, again, I'm glad I posted my big whiny baby vent, cause you all reminded me, believe in me and made me smile. Have a blessed day friends. :-). Sherry.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sherry, that’s completely understandable - life can be rough, and the little things can really help keep us going. I’m really happy to hear you’re feeling better, and best of luck and health to you and your loved ones!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Hope you get good news this week. Wishing you all good health.
    Also, when do we come round for the steak?!