Exercise during Ramadan

Options
I kind of need help.

Ramadan (the month of fasting) is coming up for me. Fasting pretty much consists of not eating from Sunrise to Sunset which is 16 hours. But I still want to exercise!

Should I exercise before eating in the morning? Or exercise after my evening meal? I don't want to risk exhausting myself since I won't be drinking water during the fast.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would suggest morning.... I don't think ninepins survive if I had to fast all day then exercise. I think personally I would talk myself out of exercise if I haven't ate all day But completely personally preference here. Are you a morning or evening person? I wake up every morning about 6 and go to bed by 9... So I would say I'm a morning person
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you'll get more relevant suggestions on the Fitness and Exercise forum. Best of luck.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    When do you usually exercise?
  • holybell
    holybell Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    maasha81 wrote: »
    When do you usually exercise?

I usually exercise in the middle of the day. :/
  • holybell
    holybell Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Perhaps you'll get more relevant suggestions on the Fitness and Exercise forum. Best of luck.

Thanks! I was confused as to where to put this.
  • mirlredmann
    mirlredmann Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just don't exercise when you can not drink. Personally I would prefer this: Break your fast with sth light, drink and then go exercise before your main meal. Do you insist on breaking the fast en groupe and watching Ramadan shows? Then maybe get up earlier, exercise and have breakfast before dawn.
    Good luck! And Ramadan Karim :)
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Play it by ear. Defiantly done exercise dehydrated, but see how you feel before and after meals. I tend to get woozy pretty fast if I don't eat before I work out, but others feel groggy if they go that route.
    I would also suggest going maintenance this month if you have to function during the day at classes or work.
    Good luck!