Discouraged and falling off track!!

Options
I have a problem with addiction displacement, and food is the drug of choice. If I miss my workouts, which I did this week as we were moving homes, I tend to let everything go, including diet. I need to get back on track, especially after horrible 1,500 calorie lunch I just consumed and feel like crap now. :embarassed:

Replies

• nickicaylor
    nickicaylor Posts: 27
    Options
    Onward and Upward ! You can't change the past but you change what you do from here forward. Sometimes we all need a break. Consider this your break and get back on track tomorrow like you never missed a beat ! We all have moments and go through this. You are not alone my friend. Chin-up :-)
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I hope it was a good lunch, because you won't be having that again anytime soon.

Have faith in yourself. You can beat your food addiction.

Learn to eat less of the good stuff so you're less likely to stuff your face. And never feel obligated to eat the whole thing.

I like to save what I can...it means I get to enjoy it later...which also means I don't have to cook...or spend additional money on another meal...and so on.

Find reasons to break up those big calorie indulgences and you won't have to feel guilty. Or better yet...SHARE!
  • spoonguy80
    spoonguy80 Posts: 3
    Options
    you can do it! stay the course and keep busy when you can't get to the gym! or make up a 15 minute 'home' routine. Pushups, crunches and body squats. Something is better than nothing!

hang in there. turn it around today!
  • TrishaAvina
    TrishaAvina Posts: 48
    Options
    i know the feeling, its especially hard when dealing with stress like moving. the last thing you want to think about is what to eat, so you grab and go and then regret it later. just keep in mind there is a lot more healthier choices now, Carls Jr. makes a delicous turkey burger for undr 500 calories!!!! shake it off, make the next bite a better choice and one week really isn't going to throw you off course too much, just get back on it with the next meal.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Sometimes life just gets in the way.... You can turn this around drink loads of water and kick your butt n get back on the wagon!!!! Good luck!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    The best part of this being a lifestyle change is that you can always start again. It doesn't matter if it's in the next hour or a week from now. Everyday we can make or break our 'rules' we set on ourselves, but we also have a chance to take that back slip up and fix it. Start each day new and fresh, not upset about what you did the day before.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Learn to eat less of the good stuff so you're less likely to stuff your face. And never feel obligated to eat the whole thing.

I like to save what I can...it means I get to enjoy it later...which also means I don't have to cook...or spend additional money on another meal...and so on.

Find reasons to break up those big calorie indulgences and you won't have to feel guilty. Or better yet...SHARE!

I would say the same thing. Breaking up high calorie meals makes it easier for me. Hang in there, and don't beat yourself up! Unless you have a reason for losing, you are doing this for yourself so you can take as much time as you need to.
  • Missashley9
    Missashley9 Posts: 29
    Options
    I know how you feel. I think we all do. I hung out with friends and had too much to drink Saturday nite. I didn't want to "blow it" with food, so I actually ended up not eating enough, while drinking. Needless to say, I was sick all Sunday morning, and, uh, lost everything, if ya know what I mean. By the time last nite rolled around, I was ravenous. Ate a whole Marie Callender's pot pie and 4 Nestle cookies... SO I totally went over my cals & fat gram allowance for the day. But it's ok. Today, I am back on track & vow to not overdo it at dinner tonite. One day at a time!
  • pelone5k
    pelone5k Posts: 18
    Options
    Everyone falls off track and gets discouraged. The good thing is you can get right back on track. Use your recent lunch as motivation. Think about how you felt after you finished. Like crap, right? We have all been there. Then think about how you felt when you went an extra 10 minutes on the tread mill, or did a few extra crunches, or sets of weights whatever. You know the feeling you had when you REALLY pushed yourself during an awesome workout. Keep those thoughts in mind every time you make a decision to eat, or go to the gym.

Don't beat yourself up over falling off, just get right back on and keep your eye on the prize.

Slow and steady wins this race, slow and steady!

Good luck!