New mom trying to lose the baby weight. Let's be friends!

Options
naehu83
naehu83 Posts: 10 Member
Hello! I'm Katie and I'm a new mom. My son is 9 months old and now that the new parent fog has cleared, I'm trying like heck to get my health back and hopefully be a good example to my son. I've used MFP in the past and found it helpful in losing 25lbs so I know I can do it again. I would LOVE to have some friends to encourage along the way. Feel free to add me!

My goals:
1. Get back to pre-preggo weight ~20lbs
2. Get back to pre-hubby weight ~20lbs more (or close to it)
3. Learn to love the burn! Want to find a fitness regimen that I love!

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not a new mum as such...my eldest is 6 soon, my middle one has just turned 4 and my baby has just turned 1...but I still have a bit of weight to lose. I always gain too much in pregnancy.

I've been logging since my baby was 3 weeks old and have been back at the gym since she was 6.5 weeks old. I went back to work 7 weeks ago.

I've lost a lot but I've got a couple of pairs of pre-pregnancy jeans I want to get back into, so I need to keep going. Then I will be at pre-hubby size too. Not bad since I'm 37 now :)
  • naehu83
    naehu83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump! This board is so active that your post kinda gets lost.

Also...I'm not just all about the mom life but it is a big part of who I am now. Looking to get to know and cheer on anyone who's friendly and active on the site.
  • kelmsjones
    kelmsjones Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a mommy of two. A two year old little boy, and a 2 month old baby girl. I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight already, but I want to lose another 20 pounds before the end of summer! Hoping we can motivate each other :)
  • moosiemom
    moosiemom Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie. Welcome to mommyhood. I just started MFP this week... so quite a beginner here. My son is 2 1/2 now but I still look pregnant --- so trying to lose that extra weight. Let's do this!
  • mollyruns
    mollyruns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie, mom of two girls here. Lost baby weight after first, but still holding onto 20lbs after number two. She's 1 year and done nursing so I am ready to get serious.

My goals:

1. Log food every day, so I can actually pay attention to what goes in my body.
    2. Get back into running and prep for a half marathon this fall.
    3. Lose 20 lbs.
  • beckyvanboxtel
    beckyvanboxtel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, new mom here, all of 4 weeks. Going to start MFP today and looking for new moms to lose with. I'd like to lose about 50 lbs all together, but 20 from the pregnancy.
  • kbrow23
    kbrow23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had my little guy 2 months ago. After not losing weight for 2 weeks, I started using mfp. I'm going to lose 50 pounds. Hopefully it will help!
  • 1234welsh
    1234welsh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi mommies. I'm a new mom of 4 month old boy. New to mfp too. I would like to lose 50... I still look pregers :-(. Need friends and advice. Like how do you find time and energy to work out?? I'm up most the night, then I work all day and when I come home I want to spend all my time w the baby. I do take him for walks but weather here in OH is usually crappy so it's not a daily thing.
  • PinkyMouse
    PinkyMouse Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a new mom. My daughter is turning 3 months (already...). My pregnancy scraped all the efforts I made 2 years ago to lose 25lbs !!!! I have to start over... So, I am back on mfp. As I am no longer 20, I cannot jog for the next 3 months, nor do anything that includes jumps if I don't want to have urine leak too early... Losing weight will be all a challenge for me... and it would be great to find motivation and share success with you !
  • BrendaMaldonado1
    BrendaMaldonado1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello :) i am almost 8 weeks postpartum with my sweet baby girl & new to MFP. Started using it after my nutritionist suggested it. I gained 65 lbs during pregnancy and have lost 45 lbs so far. I have lost a lot of weight before in 2013 went from 216 to 153 however when i got pregnant i had gained 15 lbs so i am looking forward to losing the baby weight plus the extra lbs i had before...
    Add me ladies :) i love to share my progress and see other ladies progress for motivation.