Insanity Question

Options
I am on my last week of the Insanity workout. I want to do it again. However I am conflicted. Do I start back on Monday or should I take a week break before I start over? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting through it!! I'm on Week 2. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you about starting immediately or taking a break. I just wanted to say congrats!
  • FierceFox81
    FierceFox81 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'd start again Monday....only because knowing me, I'd lose my motivation after a week!

Good job! and Good luck!

P.S...what's the insanity workout? lol I just do lots and lots of classes at my gym.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have never done Insanity (though I would LOVE to!!). I guess it just depends on you. If you feel up to it, I'd go ahead and start.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Awesome job finishing it, it's tough! You know they just cam out with Insanity Asylum, ment to do once you have finished insanity... but it's all up to you, Like someone else said... if you stop for a week... what if you don't go back to it? Great job!
  • adrollz
    adrollz Posts: 1
    Options
    I would start back with recovery week (i think this is mostly cardio recovery workout) and than get back on the 60 day schedule. It's best if your body gets some time to recover.

Also, I would say do something different like P90X just to challenge your body with different workouts. Though, I have yet to come across a cardio workout more intense than Insanity.
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I would start back with recovery week (i think this is mostly cardio recovery workout) and than get back on the 60 day schedule. It's best if your body gets some time to recover.

Also, I would say do something different like P90X just to challenge your body with different workouts. Though, I have yet to come across a cardio workout more intense than Insanity.

There is also insanity asylum :)
    But I agree with the recovery week first :)
  • mecasgirl
    mecasgirl Posts: 64
    Options
    Insanity is just that Insane!!! I have never stuck to anything like I have with Insanity. I am too scared of P90X. LOL. I might do the recovery week and then hit it hard all over again. I just don't want to lose the momentum that I have now. Thanks for the advice.
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options

I agree with this. I just finished 7 months of Insanity. After the first few months I did the Recovery Week each time. Your body needs a little bit of a break.
  • d_smith85
    d_smith85 Posts: 94
    Options
    Have you had great results? I'm just starting, at the end of week one. I'm excited to see my "after" pictures. I've been doing bb program after bb program with no breaks in between, like someone else said, I'm afraid I'll lose momentum. Insanity is, well BANANAS, so you might wanna do recovery week before jumping back into week one. Why are you afraid of p90x? Its great for building muscle definition :) Muscle burns fat, have you ever thought of doing the Insanity p90x hybrid?

Did you take before and afters? Send in for your insanity T-shirt if you did! Congrats, you're INSANE! :D
  • rea1980
    rea1980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Insanity is just that Insane!!! I have never stuck to anything like I have with Insanity. I am too scared of P90X. LOL. I might do the recovery week and then hit it hard all over again. I just don't want to lose the momentum that I have now. Thanks for the advice.

One of the guys I work with completed Insanity and now is about a month into P90X, he said insanity makes P90X seem easy. He decided to switch because P90X uses more weights and it will help with building muscle more.
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just finished Insanity on Sunday and I am going to take a break and do a Turbo Fire/ Insanity Hybrid and then do Insanity again.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I am on my last week of the Insanity workout. I want to do it again. However I am conflicted. Do I start back on Monday or should I take a week break before I start over? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

that is awesome! congrats, I'm on week 2, day 2! lol....I completed my first round of P90X on May 9th, took a week off, and started Insanity on Monday May 16th.....If you feel like your body needs a rest, then take some time to let your muscles rest, if not, start back up.....
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options

OK, just saw this...P90X will be a BREEZE For you.....Insanity is INSANE!
  • adammccrady
    adammccrady Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great job finishing INSANITY... that program is no joke! I just finished it last Sunday, so here's what I'm doing...

I'm going to be starting P90X on June 27th... I wanted to "gear-up" for the weight training in P90X, so I got the INSANITY Upper Body Weight Training DVD - - - INSANITY-style weight training - - - and I put together my own schedule where I do it three days a week, and then I mix in Max Circ, Max Plyo, and Max Cond, and Max Recovery and a rest day. I didn't want to start INSANITY from the beginning because I thought the month one workouts would seem too easy, and I wanted to start in with some weight training. It's basically circuit training with weights, and includes a little bit of power plyo - - - power jumps, ski abs, etc.

Smilin' because I love it, so far!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Adam! You never came back into the thread and share your results with the rest of the gang!

To the OP, I agree with the people who say to do the recovery week first before starting a new round. Good luck!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'd start again Monday....only because knowing me, I'd lose my motivation after a week!

Good job! and Good luck!

P.S...what's the insanity workout? lol I just do lots and lots of classes at my gym.

Insanity is an at home work out by Shaun T. and produced by Beachbody. It is quite possibly the toughest program ever put on DVD (at least until Insanity: The Asylum came out).

To the OP, take a week off and do some other things. Go for a run, a bike ride, do some yoga. Let your body heal and recover. This way you muscles won't know what hit them when you start back up again.
  • RanDMZ12
    RanDMZ12 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good job! I have 17 days to go to finish my first round of insanity, I do insanity in the morning and go to the gym to lift weights in the evening to maintain my mass. I would take a week off insanity and do p90X after or do a hybrid Insanty/p90X heard you'll get great results doing them combine.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I would spring for Asylum. It is a great step up from Insanity. But if you are dead set on Insanity I would do a week fo recovery first
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just recently watched a video on Ustream (It was from beachbody.com) and Shaun T. said to take about a 2 week break before starting up Insanity again