Bored with 30 day shred?

Options
For those doing the 30DS, or have done in the past: did you have an issue with boredom? This is not the first time I've done it, but I've never completed it because I just get so sick of it. Right now I'm on day 8 of level 2, and the thoughts of doing that workout one more time make me want to scream! Am I the only one with this problem?

Replies

• veriviki
    veriviki Posts: 44
    Options
    Not at all! I haven't even been able to get past level one yet because I get so sick of it. I started the cycle again yesterday, and today it was so much effort to even get started and finish it because I am sick of it already.
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I never did, thats why I got 30 day ripped. I only had to stay on one workout for 5 days. I get bored easy.
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yea I seriously can't even think about doing it again. And I've got the entire script memorized. I guess I could do it without the video technically! So Ripped in 30 is better? I love Jillian and I've got 4 or 5 of her other videos, but I'm losing steam with the shred.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Yup. I managed 4 days of it, before ditching it for more boot camp classes. It is SO DULL! Also, it's too short. If I am working out, and going to the effort of getting changed and washing after, I want a decent length workout.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I was doing 30DS on my rest days when I was doing p90x, and i was just sorta annoyed with it, not bored,but annoyed, which is odd, since i love Jillian...!
  • Sc4ever
    Sc4ever Posts: 33
    Options
    on 30 Day Shred im only day 5 workout 1and Im getting tired of hearing Julian nothing against her :happy:
    keep telling myself Im going to like the results in the end!
    stick with it you wont regret it (so I hear)

Good luck
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yea I seriously can't even think about doing it again. And I've got the entire script memorized. I guess I could do it without the video technically! So Ripped in 30 is better? I love Jillian and I've got 4 or 5 of her other videos, but I'm losing steam with the shred.

Yes ripped in 30 is sooo much better. I could never get past the 1st workout with shred b/c it was like torture doing the same workout 8-10 times. I am now on week 4 of ripped. Its much better to only have to do it 5-6 days.
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    after doing it for 40 days in a row (10 days L1, 10 days L2, 10 days L3, 10 days L2) 2 days break, then 8 days of L3 i am now officially bored of it it think i havent done it since Saturday, might do level 2 tomorrow lol
  • Susan_Marie67
    Susan_Marie67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me. I am so bored with it. I don't want to quit it though. I do want to complete it. I'm only on day six, level 1. It's not only that I"m bored with it but the constant getting down on the floor and then up again is killing my knees. I really wish I had started with something a little less impact.
  • SenoraMacias
    Options
    Yup. I managed 4 days of it, before ditching it for more boot camp classes. It is SO DULL! Also, it's too short. If I am working out, and going to the effort of getting changed and washing after, I want a decent length workout.

I agree it is short! I use it to suppliment my usual 30+ minutes of cardio a day, mainly for the strength exercises. I've been super diligent until now but the other day I realized I was literally FORCING myself to keep doing it.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    30DS is pretty basic (I'm only on Level 1 though - I have no idea what the other levels look like), so it's pretty easy to lose interest. I mute it and listen to music when I workout, and the 20 minutes go by faster. I'm tempted to move onto another challenging workout, but I'd like to stick this out for the full 30 days so I can see if it really does tone my body the way I'm hoping it will!
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    stick with it for the 30 days it'll be worth it! i almsot quit during each level during my 30 days im really glad i stuck with it cos i got good results :)
  • SenoraMacias
    Options
    Well I'm so glad it's not just me! I thought I was the only one. I've had the DVD for over a year, and I've gotten through various parts of it at different times. One stint I DID get to level 3, but I didn't do it 10 times.
  • misjesica
    misjesica Posts: 21
    Options
    The only way I can get through it is alternating it with other workouts. Right now I switch between Couch to 5k, 30 DS and Yoga. I could never do the 30 DS multiple days in row because I'd get way too bored with it!
  • snwh25
    snwh25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I printed out a bunch of workouts from sites like Shape magazine and Fitness magazine and I put them all in a binder. I turn on the Shred video and I follow along with Jillian's timing and do my own exercises. I use Jillian to tell me when to switch and to do the timing so I don't have to do that. This helps to change things up so you're not doing the same thing every day, too. I recently bought a kettlebell and added a couple of sections of that to my binder, too. I have about 6 sections total, one section equals one level of the Shred video. I look for workouts that do more than one thing at a time, just like Jillian does. I actually look forward to my workout because I know I am goign to do different things. I am always keeping an eye for different workouts.

I also always do at least 50 minutes of this workout at a time. I have a very young, energetic dog so I go running with him a lot in between Shred workouts.
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I got super bored with it about halfway through level 2. I pushed on. There were a couple of days I just lowered the volume enough to hear when we changed exercises, but blasted my own music in the background. That helped. I'm now going to be doing D3 of L3 today. It was a nice switch once I finished out L2. I'm pushing through just so that I can finally complete it. Plus, I'm looking forward to starting Ripped on June 1st!!

(But I do also do the C25K and mix in either Turbo Jam or JM Yoga Meltdown along with it)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    That's why I can't do videos...I get bored. I can do a video one day and then walk the next, but not the same video every day.
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm not bored with the 30 day shred but I do use another few DVDs that bore me to death and my theory is mute and music.

I don't need to talking but I like having the physical movement on screen to follow.