Anyone out there starting Kayla Itsines BBG?

Options

Replies

• koqueta531
    koqueta531 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got the nutrition plan and exercise plan but I don't have the pre training part.. where can I find that? Or can anyone email it to me? I'd appreciate it. koqueta531@yahoo.com
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Its in the beginning of the exercise plan
  • irisann801
    irisann801 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, All,

I'm dying to try this! But it is quite expensive for me right now. Before I take the plunge, I'd love to know what to expect. What surprised you most about the program? What do you like so much about it, what's the hardest part? Are you seeing results that make you see how those incredible before/after pics are possible?

And what are some of the the kinds of things you're eating--I've seen some pics on instagram from some of her users that seem to just be a wedge of iceberg and two tomato slices, etc., which scared me, to be honest. How much time daily is spent working out? That's the part I'm most excited about, I LOVE working out.

Lots of questions I know.
    THANK YOU!!!!
  • berriesandjuice
    berriesandjuice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just got the free 7 day pdf. I am going to give it a shot. Would it work if I just repeated the 7 days for a few weeks? I absolutely can't spend any more money until my husband is back to work. Crossing fingers hopefully soon.
  • irisann801
    irisann801 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just got the free 7 day pdf. I am going to give it a shot. Would it work if I just repeated the 7 days for a few weeks? I absolutely can't spend any more money until my husband is back to work. Crossing fingers hopefully soon.

That's a great idea! What do y'all think?
  • mapleleafmom
    mapleleafmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am currently on week 5 of BBG 1.0 This is a HARD workout. I have been working out for a year now and I struggled tonight and couldn't do some of the exercises and had to modify...but I will keep going!!!! And I will redo BBG 1.0 when I am done the 12 weeks. Add me as a friend or message me ANY TIME!!!! I am always up for chatting and motivating one another
  • jessicatombari
    Options
    I am on week 2 (6 weeks in) and i dont use her nutrition plan. I eat healthy already and just stay within a calorie deficit to lose weight. I dont follow her guide completely. I replace her LISS days with endurance runs (5k, 10k etc). I found her guide is OK for losing weight but its much better for toning up.
  • jessicatombari
    Options
    irisann801 wrote: »
    Hi, All,

I'm dying to try this! But it is quite expensive for me right now. Before I take the plunge, I'd love to know what to expect. What surprised you most about the program? What do you like so much about it, what's the hardest part? Are you seeing results that make you see how those incredible before/after pics are possible?

And what are some of the the kinds of things you're eating--I've seen some pics on instagram from some of her users that seem to just be a wedge of iceberg and two tomato slices, etc., which scared me, to be honest. How much time daily is spent working out? That's the part I'm most excited about, I LOVE working out.

Lots of questions I know.
    THANK YOU!!!!

I like the program, like I said above its better for toning than losing weight in my opinion. I hate the LISS days... so boring and too easy for me. I replace them with outdoor runs and Ive seen results way better with this method. Hardest part is getting my butt up to do the circuit and to keep pushing when it gets tiring. And results are ok like more toning and definition but not too much so far. (only 6 weeks in, 4 weeks pre training, 2 weeks bbg 1.0). I eat normally, not some crazy diet. About 1200 caléday plus exercise cals. I dont eat just lettuce lol! People who eat like that generally do not understand nutrition. Weight loss can happen no matter what you eat as long as you have a calorie deficit. Message me if you have any questions! I recommend the guide if you want to tone up. Plus it keeps you busy with 6 days of workouts a week!
  • shannon_trinh
    shannon_trinh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm only on week 4 PRE TRAINING and I see results!! I think it depends on how fit you are to begin with. If you have a lot of fat to lose you won't see extreme results until at least a month or so. & for LISS, if you can fit in an extra 35 min walk at the end of the day that'd be ideal but if you are really busy, using the walk to work as LISS is fine as long as your heart rate is moderately up. You should be breaking a slight sweat but not enough that you can't talk and walk comfortably:) if you have any questions feel free to mssge me!

where in the guide is the pretraining? I can't seem to find the page:(
  • jessicatombari
    Options
    I'm only on week 4 PRE TRAINING and I see results!! I think it depends on how fit you are to begin with. If you have a lot of fat to lose you won't see extreme results until at least a month or so. & for LISS, if you can fit in an extra 35 min walk at the end of the day that'd be ideal but if you are really busy, using the walk to work as LISS is fine as long as your heart rate is moderately up. You should be breaking a slight sweat but not enough that you can't talk and walk comfortably:) if you have any questions feel free to mssge me!

It should be in the beginning of the guide! Before Week 1 starts
  • JLWright73
    JLWright73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

It should be in the beginning of the guide! Before Week 1 starts
    The pre-training weeks are only in the updated version of the guide. If you have an older version then the pre-training weeks will not be included.
  • cubicaleagle
    cubicaleagle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I have just started kaylas guides and I have just done day 1 week 1. I really struggled - think I'm going to do two weeks of week 1 to build a base and then start the next week.
    Would you recommend this? Or would you recommend to keep pushing yourself? I physically could not finish the last circuit as my legs were not allowing me to do so. I do not have the pre training in my book. Please advise what you would all recommend? Thanks x
  • jessicatombari
    Options
    Hi I have just started kaylas guides and I have just done day 1 week 1. I really struggled - think I'm going to do two weeks of week 1 to build a base and then start the next week.
    Would you recommend this? Or would you recommend to keep pushing yourself? I physically could not finish the last circuit as my legs were not allowing me to do so. I do not have the pre training in my book. Please advise what you would all recommend? Thanks x

Definitely do Week 1 again. Dont push yourself because if you get to Week 3 and you can hardly do the new exercises, then whats the point of working out? Youll only get good results if you do the workout properly and effectively. When I get injured I couldnt push through the new week because the intensity rose so I just redid the week prior and everything was fine. Still a good workout. No harm in redoing the week!
  • KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 12 of BBG. I have lost weight but i've also been running and eating healthy so its probably a combination of things. Restarting this week!
  • liftlovelunge
    liftlovelunge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the pre-training guide tomorrow! I've been off exercising for a couple weeks because I had surgery, so I want to ease myself into the program and not just jump into Week 1. I'll be doing C25K on my LISS days. Feel free to add me!
  • donnalagdon84
    donnalagdon84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind me joining?! I've started doing bbg today, so have done my liss this morning and will be doing the resistance training in a bit. The transformation pics are amazing, I really hope I stick to this well.
  • jessicatombari
    Options
    Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind me joining?! I've started doing bbg today, so have done my liss this morning and will be doing the resistance training in a bit. The transformation pics are amazing, I really hope I stick to this well.

The transformation pics almost look unreal right? I think the girls that have the "WOW" factor results either a) do kaylas guide and some other type of exercise or b) have repeated the guide and have those results due to that. Its not good for fat loss in my opinion, but great for building muscular endurance and strength!
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options

The transformation pics almost look unreal right? I think the girls that have the "WOW" factor results either a) do kaylas guide and some other type of exercise or b) have repeated the guide and have those results due to that. Its not good for fat loss in my opinion, but great for building muscular endurance and strength!

I noticed a lot of the transformations with really incredible results are women who started out eating really terribly and radically changed their diet with the program. Of course you'll have amazing results if you had the ability to cut 2000cal/day out of your diet and still eat like a normal person! Also, many of them mention taking up running 5+ days a week.
    I completed the first guide last week and started the second one today. I'm down 15lbs (when I'm not retaining water), am actually able to do push ups and such now, and look fantastic compared to when I started (definitely not in bikini shape yet, but it's coming along). I don't get in nearly as much cardio as she calls for, but I make a big effort to get up and move all day with my toddler so that I'm still getting active.
  • abb117
    abb117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I'm just catching up. I am currently on week 8 of my second round of BBG so basically my 20th week and then I plan on doing 2.0. I've lost 20 pounds, dropped several pants sizes (and bra sizes unfortunately haha), and have a new love for eating healthy and fitness. The guide really works! If anyone has any doubts, don't think twice! I personally didn't follow the nutrition plan, I just ate healthy, but I know people who did and they got even more drastic results more quickly. My Instagram is @nettyb_bbg if you want to see some of my results. Feel free to message me with any questions!
  • dlajambe
    dlajambe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I recently started the bbg and working into week 3. I'm doing it a little different because I want to focus on my problem areas since i will be going on vacation in a few weeks and have to wear a bikini. I have already noticed more definition in my abs and love the results I'm seeing! I'm not following the nutrition guide but I eat healthy. Feel free to add me!