Les Mills classes

Options
I was wondering if anyone knows how to properly log the classes we attend at the gym? the Les Mills classes?
I did Body Combat today and when I put Kick boxing it tells me in 60 minutes I burned 757 calories? Seems just a tad high for me. Has anyone done that class with a HR on?

Replies

• tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I did Body Combat last night and I just put it in manually. I got my calories from my HRM. So I put in Body Combat HRM and the calorie burn it show.

I love Body Combat!!!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I do bodypump weekly and I did a bit of research online and took an average. For that class I put in about 530 cals, but combat is way more cardio so it might be more. I'm looking into getting an HRM too so I can better monitor my cals for those classes because they are so awesome!!!
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I used to do this class regularly - twice a week. My heart monitor showed me 700 - 900 calories depending on the day. So, it doesn't sound high at all. Keep it up!
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I also do the classes and for combat I log it as kickboxing. Mine always seems high too, but I sweat A LOT and my heart is pumping so it is probably pretty acurate.
  • jenlayport
    Options
    also, for Body Pump I log as stength/weight training, Zumba as aerobic dance, Body Flow as yoga. =) I love the classes too and take 6-8 a week!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I don't do any classes, and I have an HRM to enter my own calories... But, right before I clear out MFP's estimates for any exercise I add, I have noticed that they're all at least 100-200 calories below what I actually burn. (Walking seems to be particularly off by a few hundred) So, I say go with MFP's estimate. :) If you feel you didn't give 100% in the class though, lower MFP's estimate by a few hundred.
  • roundisnotsquare
    Options
    I do Combat with a HRM (chest strap) on and I normally average about 500-530 calories/60 min. I love Combat! Best way to know for sure is to get a HRM with chest strap so it can keep track of your HR more accurately. Guessing just doesn't cut it for me...seeing as different bodies burn at a different rate.
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    Yeah I did combat last week and burned 600 cals for the 60minutes...
    Body pump I burned 400 cals for 60 minutes
    Body Step 750cals for 60 minutes
    Body Attack 780cals for 60 minutes
    You need an HRM to get accurate readings.
  • tinalina81
    Options
    Thanks guys, I guess I will stick with what it gave me here then. I do sweat buckets and give it my all so maybe I did burn that many. I just did spinning yesterday and it gave me less for spinning. Just seemed ood I guess. But I will stick with 757 then. I love the classes as well, I do Bodyflow, Body combat and body pump, but not regulary just whenever I feel like what I feel like since I do the 30 day shred daily as well.
    thanks again
  • jenlayport
    Options
    Yeah I did combat last week and burned 600 cals for the 60minutes...
    Body pump I burned 400 cals for 60 minutes
    Body Step 750cals for 60 minutes
    Body Attack 780cals for 60 minutes
    You need an HRM to get accurate readings.

ooooohh what body attack? we dont have that one here!
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    Body Attack is by far the worst...It's sports inspired Cardio Class....By the end of the class you feel like you want to die..that's why I do it first thing Saturday Mornings...I need the extra calories for the weekend :
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Aargh, I just used an HRM watch for the first time.

It said 132 for Step and 125 for Jam??! I'm hoping that can't possibly be right. I worked flat out and was dripping and exhausted after Step and nicely hot and tired after Jam. I had previously been logging 400 and 300 respectively. I'm sure my watch must be wrong - it was a cheapo £7 thing.
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Wow body attack is that bad? I've read about it and I'm going to try it out in a week. I guess I should be prepared to sweat the fat out hahaha!
  • kiwi_tobi
    kiwi_tobi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey, I did bodycombat at the gym last night and my HRM said I burned 655 cals. I'm 5'8" and weigh in at 204 lbs. Hope that gives you an idea and helps