My willpower is gone...

Hello.

My name is Jordan and I am 19 years old, I lost 100 pounds as of 10 months ago, I recently moved out and in with someone else only to find myself being easily tempted not willing to work out as much and lacking motivation.

I am 6'1 and I weigh 167 LB (according to the doctor while he weighed me with my shoes and clothing on :( ) the lowest I have been is 149.
recently I had to go to a doctor and talk about how to get rid of my Gyno (I went to a surgeon who confirmed it but wanted me to wait a year...) now as a teen boy you can imagine why I hate that idea!
he also told me my fat around my face didn't seem to get distributed (confirmed my fat face theory) and how it did not seem proportionate with my body frame.

this was another kick to the crotch.
now I find myself binging on caramel popcorn and ice cream trying to tell myself I'll be ok and I can get myself back to where I was even though the doctor said I am at an ok weight.
(you can imagine after being told you have a fat face how you can be mentally affected)
I know I should be proud of myself....but I still do not feel like I achieved much. :/

Replies

• Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    I find my mental health went to hell, not sure why seeing as you should be more confident as you lose weight and mine is getting worse.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Bah! Your face looks fine to me. I don't know how recent your pics are. But, dude you look great. They probably have you waiting on the surgery due to your age. Losing 100 pounds is a huge achievement! And you can keep it off; do things that make you feel good/comforted (besides eating of course)?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Maqneta wrote: »
    I find my mental health went to hell, not sure why seeing as you should be more confident as you lose weight and mine is getting worse.

Sounds like something you need to speak to a professional about.
  • Maqneta
    ohmscheeks wrote: »
    Bah! Your face looks fine to me. I don't know how recent your pics are. But, dude you look great. They probably have you waiting on the surgery due to your age. Losing 100 pounds is a huge achievement! And you can keep it off; do things that make you feel good/comforted (besides eating of course)?

they're from 155-160 most of them at least, I'm around 165-167.
    I'm not sure how much clothes add onto doctor scales but I swear they make me much more then my scale at home.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I suggest you speak with a professional. If you feel your mental health has declined, you need to seek out some help.
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    There are allot of bad doctors out there and even the good ones have bad days. What he said about your face seems ridiculous by your pictures. Regardless, letting someone's thoughtless comments ruin what you have striven to achieve is a defeat you should not stand for. Here is an article I read the other day on these boards. It basically says don't wait to feel better before acting, just do what needs to be done. Breaking the binge cycle will most likely help your mental state.

http://www.wisdomination.com/screw-motivation-what-you-need-is-discipline/
  • Maqneta
    x_cinder_x wrote: »
    There are allot of bad doctors out there and even the good ones have bad days. What he said about your face seems ridiculous by your pictures. Regardless, letting someone's thoughtless comments ruin what you have striven to achieve is a defeat you should not stand for. Here is an article I read the other day on these boards. It basically says don't wait to feel better before acting, just do what needs to be done. Breaking the binge cycle will most likely help your mental state.

http://www.wisdomination.com/screw-motivation-what-you-need-is-discipline/

Thanks I'll look into it.
    and everyone saying about seeking help I have, and It has not done much for me :(
  • melissalane2400
    melissalane2400 Posts: 2 Member
    I know Exactly how you feel. I recently went to the cardiologist with some heart issues and the first thing the Dr said when he walked in was "we need to get you set up with a surgeon and get you a gastric bypass" I was like really, I know I'm fat and I'm here because of my heart. I had also lost some weight, not nearly as much as you, but I turned around and had gained it all back before I knew it. I'm on the wagon again. Remember Why you started in the first place. Please don't do What I did! Put down the ice cream and get back on the horse! Feel free to friend me
  • Maqneta
    I know Exactly how you feel. I recently went to the cardiologist with some heart issues and the first thing the Dr said when he walked in was "we need to get you set up with a surgeon and get you a gastric bypass" I was like really, I know I'm fat and I'm here because of my heart. I had also lost some weight, not nearly as much as you, but I turned around and had gained it all back before I knew it. I'm on the wagon again. Remember Why you started in the first place. Please don't do What I did! Put down the ice cream and get back on the horse! Feel free to friend me

it's hard hard ya know?
    you work work work work and then someone tells you this this and that is wrong :(

• naaaaaaaaathan
    naaaaaaaaathan Posts: 2 Member
    I toootally get what you're talking about. I remember a few years ago (during one of my attempts to lose weight) a doctor told me that I shouldn't worry about loose skin because it's "not like [I'll] ever lose that much weight anyway." What a dick, yeah?

But you've actually lost 100 pounds. I'd lost 20. You've come so far and done SO much, more than previously-fat-you had ever even imagined.

Take a day if you need it, but get back to it. Just do it, you know?

As for the mental health stuff, I know you've said you've tried, but I implore you to try again. Find a therapist you trust and be open with them. Ask about medication as well. Both have helped me tremendously. Good luck!

If you can lose 100 pounds and keep it off for 10 months, you can get past this hurdle -- even if it doesn't feel like it.
  • sugarcoated2015
    sugarcoated2015 Posts: 89 Member
    Don't worry, there are gonna be days when you really don't want to exercise or you eat something not so good. I think you look nice but also understand that when one doesn't feel happy with the way one looks, then everyone else's opinions don't matter.

Remember that one can't decide where to lose weight, but as you lose weight you will eventually lose a bit in every place, so it is possible to slim your face.
  • Maqneta
    Don't worry, there are gonna be days when you really don't want to exercise or you eat something not so good. I think you look nice but also understand that when one doesn't feel happy with the way one looks, then everyone else's opinions don't matter.

Remember that one can't decide where to lose weight, but as you lose weight you will eventually lose a bit in every place, so it is possible to slim your face.

its been a few weeks now and ive gained some weight, I still fit into my size 30 men jeans which is good but I feel like it has gone right back to my face :(
  • kdcancan
    kdcancan Posts: 40 Member
    You know it's ok to feel like you don't want to work out or stick to your food routine. So just accept your feelings and do your workouts and food anyway. Life often presents some challenges like when someone says something that makes you feel badly. Look at this as an opportunity to have a new healthy response instead of bingeing and not working out, do your workout and food anyway. You can do it. You're going to be ok
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    If your finding your mental health person/team is not working for you, go elsewhere. Seriously.
    Life's too short to wade through that sort of stuff alone.
    Be honest with who you currently see, explain why you feel it's not working - be as clear about that as you can be, ask for a referral. They do not take that kind of thing personally and they will be able to point you toward someone who is better suited to your needs.
    There might be a psych attached to the surgeon you are seeing that is better trained in dealing with body issues.

You have done great losing all that weight! We all go through trying times and we deal with them the best we can.
    It always helps me to get outside for an hour or too. Not even to exercise, just to sit on a bench at the park and people/nature watch and listen to my iPod. Sounds a bit hippy but it works a treat.

I wish you all the best.
  • Marthy101
    Marthy101 Posts: 60 Member
    I just deleted my long rambling response in lieu of this: I must reiterate what Ninkyou (?) said- run, don't walk to a good therapist! I do. Give him or her a chance, like a few sessions' worth of discussing, but if they can't/ won't / don't help- move on to someone else!
    Oh- I'm rambling after all- I just read that you'd tried therapy with no luck. :(
    It may take trying out a few different therapists/ psychiatrists/ counsellors before you find someone that's a good 'fit'- Trust Me!
    In the meantime, find a friend or someone to share with. No friends? Keep a journal ('vent' on paper).
    Your face does not appear disproportionate or puffy- ditch the dr that said so.
    Call and make an appointment with a therapist specializing in depression... TODAY! Oh, well, it's night- TOMORROW!!!
    Good luck