How much can I lose?

Options
We have 7 weeks until the school summer holidays start and in that time I want to lose about 14-16 lbs is this doable? I'm 5ft 4 and weigh 166lbs I do about 15000-18000 steps a day so I'm fairly active

Replies

• smalltoongirl
    smalltoongirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week seems doable!
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    MFP say I should drop to 1200 calories a day does this sound right?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The device your getting your step count from, can it be linked to MFP?
    What did you set your MFP activity level to?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MFP say I should drop to 1200 calories a day does this sound right?

With 30lbs to lose 1-1.5lbs per week is the max you should be going for really.
  • suenewberry81
    Options
    I use a fitbit and I have it linked to my account and I have my account set to lightly active, my fitbit says I'm very active but it didn't want to over estimate on my calorie burn, not sure I've set it right
  • shadow2soul
    edited June 2015
    Options
    How long have you been using Fitbit and how long have you been tracking your intake?
    If you have 30 days of data while using both, then we can figure out how accurate fitbit is for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh and as far as the 1200 thing:
    I don't get near as many steps as you (probably about 9000 on average with odd high days here and there) and I could probably cut down to 1300-1400 per day for 2lbs per week (I wouldn't be able to take it though). For reference, I'm 5'4.5", about 136 lbs currently, and I'm averaging approx 1.2 lbs (according to trendweight.com) while eating 1875 on average. MFP gives me a goal of 1410 NET (so before exercise calorie goal) for 1 lb per week loss.
  • suenewberry81
    Options
    I'll set it to lose 1.5 and see what happens, guess it's trial and error x
  • suenewberry81
    Options
    Maybe I should change my setting to active and not lightly active and go by that calorie intake?? I set my goals to 1lb weight lose and I have eaten most of my fitness calories back, weigh in day is tomorrow so I'll see what happens x
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Maybe I should change my setting to active and not lightly active and go by that calorie intake?? I set my goals to 1lb weight lose and I have eaten most of my fitness calories back, weigh in day is tomorrow so I'll see what happens x

If your eating at least some of your Fitbit adjustment, then it really doesn't matter what your activity level is set at on MFP. It will workout to roughly the same total calorie intake. Higher activity level just means that it takes more to get a positive adjustment from Fitbit and your adjustment will be smaller than what it would be at lower activity levels.

Example:
    My Fitbit adjustment at lightly active (couple days ago) was: 269
    change my activity level to active and my adjustment changed to: 63
  • suenewberry81
    Options
    I'll keep it the same then, I need to change my eating habits and cut my portion sizes down and I know I'll lose weight, I love food to much!! X