Set myself some fresh weight loss goals just need some help to stick to them

Options
I am back on MFP (for the 4th time).

I have just been getting fatter and fatter and now I am starting to feel my health suffer so its high time I sorted myself out.

I have to find a way to lose this weight and more importantly keep it off and not drive myself crazy in the process. I can handle slow and steady but I am a sugar binger and need to work hard to keep my addiction under control.

I would appreciate any friends that want to come with me for some mutual support and motivation.

I am a single mum in the UK, I work full time, play a bit of rugby, a bit of squash, like the gym and want to get back to running 5km races and obstacle races - right now I can barely run up the stairs. I have tried every 'diet' going and am as fat as ever so this time we need to get real. Real, home cooked, natural food, cut the sugar and start to appreciate the real flavours in foods.

I quit Diet Coke and tomato ketchup 1 month ago. This is a big deal for me and I am super proud that I have stuck to it - even in light of recent sugar binges!

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I believe that you can and will stick to it- this time. I wish I could say that I could run with you-. However I run or race walk right at "home". I need my privacy right now. I like doing fitness tapes or you-tube videos like leslie sansone or jessica smithtv- my all time favorite because she is really "hyped" but fun. Whatever you set your mind to do. I know you can do it. Take it slower- get real- TRY to eat correctly as best as you possible can- then just "go for it!!!! good luck!
  • fimacx
    fimacx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can do it, honestly if you put your mind to it, remain focused and determined you can get back to the fit self you want to be so badly!
  • doingthisthesmartway
    Options
    Thanks both for your replies. Put a smile on my face.
    Its bedtime here now but I am all set up ready to hit tomorrow with a renewed vigour :-)