I want to see the abs under the fat!

Options
I'm currently doing Charlotte crosbys 3 minute belly blitz most days and cutting down on unhealthy foods. Am i doing the right thing? I'm looking to lose about 8lb as well.

The exercise programme burns on average 500 calories per workout. No access to a gym either.. Any suggestions will help!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You just need a calorie deficit to lose fat.

Some resistance training will help you retain muscle.
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You don't burn 500 calories in a 3 minute workout...
    Edit:
    Not sure if the excersize program actually is only 3 minute workouts, but to burn 500 calories it takes quite some effort...
    Next tot that I agree with TaviastockToad. Strength training and a caloric deficit are probably the best tools/ necessities in order to loose weight
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    If what the name implies means that the workout only takes 3 minutes then I can tell you without any shred of a doubt that it's not burning 500 calories.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    So I just googled it.
    From the description I found, there is 12 - 3 minute routines and then another 10 min routine. So that adds up to 46 mins if your doing 1 round of every exercise on the dvd.

I can see 500 being a possibility if your doing the whole dvd, but not for anything less than that.
  • smalltoongirl
    smalltoongirl Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So I just googled it.
    From the description I found, there is 12 - 3 minute routines and then another 10 min routine. So that adds up to 46 mins if your doing 1 round of every exercise on the dvd.

I can see 500 being a possibility if your doing the whole dvd, but not for anything less than that.
    LOL, you are doing a workout equivalent of 2 kilowatts? that is equivalent to 2.7 horsepower.

You are performing physical work that takes 2.7 horsepower consistently for 5 minutes?

You will never lose belly fat.

edit: kilowatt/h total over 5min.
    TLDR: Takes 2.7 horsepower to burn 500cal in 5minutes.
    If what the name implies means that the workout only takes 3 minutes then I can tell you without any shred of a doubt that it's not burning 500 calories.

The exercise program takes about 65 minute total to complete (including warm up, 12 rounds, extra 10 minute abs and cool down.) According to my polar fitness watch on average it burns about 500 calories a time depending on what intensity I do. Like someone above said, its multiple 3 minute workouts alternating between cardio and resistance. Probably should have explained its not just a 3 minute workout lol.
  • smalltoongirl
    smalltoongirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Thanks!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    they say abs are made in the kitchen but to lose all over fat you need to eat at a calorie deficit. some people have the right genes, others will always have less defined abs.