Feeling Situps in thighs

Options
I am having trouble with my situps, I am only feeling them in my thighs and not my abs. I know my form must totally be wrong, does anyone know what I can do to correct that?

Replies

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I have found that I feel sit ups in my hips rather than abs. The best solution is to slow it right down. Do them as slowly and deliberately as you can. Also do a small crunch rather than a full sit. We do half crunches where you lay on your back, knees bent and put your fingertips to your knees, then sit up so your wrists are touching your knees (does that make sense?) So it's a tiny movement. Do 30 of those, then reach your hands in the air, shoulders off the ground, and lift 1inch 30 times. We do 3 rounds of that plus leg raises, scissor leg raises, bicycles and frog lunges after my boxing class. It's a killer! We never do full 'old fashioned' sit ups.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    have you tried planks ? worked wonders on my core , when I switched back to crunches after a couple of months I could really feel the benefit
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I have found that I feel sit ups in my hips rather than abs. The best solution is to slow it right down. Do them as slowly and deliberately as you can. Also do a small crunch rather than a full sit. We do half crunches where you lay on your back, knees bent and put your fingertips to your knees, then sit up so your wrists are touching your knees (does that make sense?) So it's a tiny movement. Do 30 of those, then reach your hands in the air, shoulders off the ground, and lift 1inch 30 times. We do 3 rounds of that plus leg raises, scissor leg raises, bicycles and frog lunges after my boxing class. It's a killer! We never do full 'old fashioned' sit ups.

Thanks I will attempt to try this!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    markiend wrote: »
    have you tried planks ? worked wonders on my core , when I switched back to crunches after a couple of months I could really feel the benefit

I used to do planks but I dont really have the space in my apartment...