Oatmeal concern

Options

Hello!
Well I've been eating oatmeal everyday for breakfast for about 3 months straight, gradually for the past few weeks it literally makes
Me want to gag, could it
Be the repetitiveness of it
That's making my
Body reject it all of a sudden or
Possibly something else? Thank you for all answers :-)

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Yes, probably. You may want to lay off it for awhile.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    You're probably just sick of it; that's a lot of oatmeal! That's why people always rave about variety, so you don't feel deprived, you don't get sick of certain foods, and you get different nutrients. Why have you been only consuming oatmeal for breakfast? There are a ton of other quick and nutritious foods out there to enjoy! I would take a break from oatmeal and experiment in the kitchen with your other options for a while :)
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:

I eat otmeal every day for breakfast.
    I cooked it from scratch, with stick cinnamon and diced apple. after first boil I simmer with almond milk.
    Serve with cinnamon ground as a topping plus flaxseed ground and chia seeds. Finally I have some berries ( blueberries at this time of the year) on top. I am very happy with it.
    If you have digestive issues I suggest you consult with your doctor
    Good luck with your healthy journey
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You're probably getting sick of eating it. I was getting the same way about eggs.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    If I ate the same thing everyday for breakfast I would learn to hate it in less than a week. Variety is important.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Why are you still eating it if it makes you feel like that? Life is too short to suffer through meals, eat something you enjoy!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I do that. I eat something over and over and then just go off it for a while. It's a pattern I've had my whole life. I wouldn't worry, just find a new breakfast.
  • _emma_78
    _emma_78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's a lot of oatmeal, I mean it's good for you and easy but so are a lot of other things like smoothies and eggs!
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I ate oatmeal every morning for like 2 years haha. I really don't care about variety. Now I usually eat eggs every morning. I just kinda look at what's convenient, and in my kitchen.

You're obvs different than me though and need a change. Don't eat it if you hate it!! Why would you put yourself through that
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I ate oatmeal every morning for like 2 years haha. I really don't care about variety. Now I usually eat eggs every morning. I just kinda look at what's convenient, and in my kitchen.

You're obvs different than me though and need a change. Don't eat it if you hate it!! Why would you put yourself through that

lol I love oatmeal, could probably eat it forever for breakfast or any meal if I'm in the mood later in the day.

What are you putting in yours? Plain? I can understand the boredom.

I cook up one serving of Old Fashioned Oats in the micro in a mug. Then after it's cooked, I add 1/3 or 1/2 banana depending on the size, cinnamon, Real vanilla, 1Tablespoon Trader Joe's Sunflower Nut Butter and I do use 1 or 2% milk instead of water.

Yummmmmmmm.. I could go for some right now. But I don't believe I'd eat just plain. I agree if you're tired of just move on to eggs or something else. :) I just find it super easy to make for Breakfast.
  • kimcheepoke
    kimcheepoke Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I imagine you're probably already changing the toppings. You could also vary the type of oatmeal, e.g. if you're eating instant oatmeal, switch to the steel cut or have it chilled.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've gotten the same reaction, from both salmon and bananas when I was eating both daily.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I imagine you're probably already changing the toppings. You could also vary the type of oatmeal, e.g. if you're eating instant oatmeal, switch to the steel cut or have it chilled.

I had not even considered chilled! My mind has been blown.

I second the eat something different advice. When I discovered I liked the yolks in eggs, I ate scrambled eggs religiously for a bit. Now? Not so much. I like them with other things in them, but just scrambled eggs? No thank you! Sometimes just a little change up helps.

• sebenza512
    sebenza512 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great oatmeal recipes in The Oatmeal Artist blog. Non-stop oatmeal variety.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »

I second the eat something different advice. When I discovered I liked the yolks in eggs, I ate scrambled eggs religiously for a bit. Now? Not so much. I like them with other things in them, but just scrambled eggs? No thank you! Sometimes just a little change up helps.

@snikkins Your mind will be blown even more when you check out 'overnight oats' on Pinterest then. :D

You can make jars for the week on Sunday and they are great all week. Each one can have different fruits, toppings etc.. whatever it is you enjoy in oats. Have Fun ;)
  • snikkins
    edited June 2015
    Options

@snikkins Your mind will be blown even more when you check out 'overnight oats' on Pinterest then. :D

You can make jars for the week on Sunday and they are great all week. Each one can have different fruits, toppings etc.. whatever it is you enjoy in oats. Have Fun ;)

I have a feeling you might be evil... ;)

But I will definitely be checking out... Summer is coming.
  • snikkins
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Fail post is fail.