New mom looking for weight loss buddies-- 65 lbs to lose!

Options
Hey there!

I am a 27 year old mother of two (under 2 years old) Basically, I have been pregnant for the last two years and I am more than ready to get my body back to a place where I can recognize it! :smiley: I currently weigh 225lbs, the most I have weighed my entire life. My goal weight is 160lb by christmas. That equates to 10lbs per month! Which I think is totally do able with the right support and motivation. This is where you come in!

I need someone or a group of people who have similar goals, to join me on my journey.

My weight loss tools: Gym membership, Jillian Michaels DVDs, a double stroller and good ol pair of tennis shoes! :smiley:

Message me if you want in!

Replies

• AshleyMontgomery7
    AshleyMontgomery7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to help motivate you if you will help motivate me :) I have 7 kids and my oldest is graduating High School next year so my goal is to get this weight off this year and not be the "fat" mom in all her graduation pictures :)
  • mandybrehm
    mandybrehm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mama of two also! My kiddos are 11 months old and 2.5 years old. They're 17 months apart, so we just recently got out of the "2 Under 2" club. :) I have lots of baby weight/chub to lose, and do not have a gym membership either (just a double jogging stroller). I would love to join in on your journey. I need support and motivation too!
  • ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom but I have similar goals as you do. I start at 225lbs too and now after a month I lost 20 pounds. I welcome new friends so feel free to add me.
  • beatyourrice1
    beatyourrice1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! Thank you for responding. I can't wait to get started!

-Ashley, wow 7 kids... you rock! :blush: I know what you mean about being "the fat mom"! I don't want to look back at our first family trip to the beach and say wow I was HUGE. I want to say that was the best trip ever, remember when we...)

-Mandy, I am glad to know there is life after the 2 Under 2 Club! lol These two are wearing me out!

-tatho2014, Not sure of your name yet sorry, Thank you for joining and congrats on 20lbs down! That is awesome! I would love to hear whats working for you (diet, exercises, etc.)

I am trying to think about what the best way will be for us to follow up with each other. Maybe once a week we write a post on this discussion board with (Weight lost- #lbs, positives (maybe a new recipe you tried or exercise class you joined etc.), negatives (anything at all keeping you from your goal) and your goals for the upcoming week.

*Feel free to make any suggestions* and lets get started this week!

• cmed24
    cmed24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My son is 2 and I finally said ok it's not baby weight I need to move my *kitten* it's been 2 years!!!
  • annetaryn
    annetaryn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mommy too! She just tuned 8 months a few days ago :) I weighed my highest while pregnant with her at 207 lbs and I'm down to 180 now. Looking to lose another 40 lbs hopefully within less than a year. My wedding is also September 2016 so I have that to keep me motivated as well! I'm definitely interested in joining the group!
  • stk141803
    stk141803 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    tatho2014 wrote: »
    I'm not a mom but I have similar goals as you do. I start at 225lbs too and now after a month I lost 20 pounds. I welcome new friends so feel free to add me.[/quote

Awesome
    How did you do that?