why must it be so hard!

Options
this will be my 2nd time trying to lose weight I'm 206 and trying to get to 145 I am 5ft 3in. Any Help will be appreciated

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You need to do everything you can to make it easy.

Don't completely change what you eat. Eat what you eat now but in smaller portions so that you meet your calorie goal. You can then look at what you are eating and see if you can make healthier choices that are still satisfying to you.
  • jenniferlashton5
    jenniferlashton5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok I do that but it seems like I'm getting no where
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Do you use a food scale for solids and measuring spoons/cups for liquids? Do you use the food diary?

You may be underestimating the calories you are consuming if you aren't carefully weighing/measuring and then recording everything that you eat or drink.

Results won't be fast. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • jenniferlashton5
    Options
    I don't measure anything :/ but I will definitely start, because I try to do it by eye
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    It was a hard and hellish two weeks but after I left carbs cold turkey it has been easy. I did not know I was such a carb addict until I stopped eating over 50 grams daily.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Or you could just eat at a calorie deficit and not demonize a whole food group.

OP, one of my go to sayings is: Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard.

Fact is, doing what we've always done got us where we are. If we want to change, we have to change what we do. Eyeballing doesn't cut it apparently, so if you want to see real change, you have to commit to making changes.
  • HowSarahEats
    HowSarahEats Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I bit taller, but I'm trying to get into the 140's. Help!!
  • jenniferlashton5
    Options
    Me too!! I bit taller, but I'm trying to get into the 140's. Help!!

It's been hard for me but water has been my best friend and unsweetened tea with lemon .. also eating a big healthy breakfast helps keep me full . WHAT have you been doing
  • jenniferlashton5
    Options
    It was a hard and hellish two weeks but after I left carbs cold turkey it has been easy. I did not know I was such a carb addict until I stopped eating over 50 grams daily.

Thanks. I found out cutting the bad stuff cold turkey has been a big help
  • jenniferlashton5
    Options
    Or you could just eat at a calorie deficit and not demonize a whole food group.

OP, one of my go to sayings is: Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard.

Fact is, doing what we've always done got us where we are. If we want to change, we have to change what we do. Eyeballing doesn't cut it apparently, so if you want to see real change, you have to commit to making changes.

Thanks I have been measuring and its been a big help..
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hey Jennifer, don't feel bad. Many of us have had to come back a second or even third time. The point is, you are here and willing to do something about your health. When I started, I tried to cut everything in half that I would normally eat. But that did not work for me because the calories were unhealthy and still very fattening. What works for me is eating all around healthy. I lowered my carbs, and fat intake. If you notice carbohydrates will always be the bulk of your calories. And if you are prediabetic like I am, then they are also not good for you. That being said, I think all food in moderation is a good way to go. The more healthy you eat, the MORE you can eat. You can have bigger plates if what you are having is low cal and low fat etc. For the first couple of weeks, be very strict and try to get a scale to weigh your food. Believe me it helps. Sometimes by eyeballing food, you can either eat too little (keeping you hungry) or eat too much, which defeats the point. I'm happy that you decided to come back and try. Don't give up, you can definitely do it.
  • jenniferlashton5
    Options
    Thanks so much! I am definitely motivated this go round.. I found out that cutting out bad food all together helps the best for me and I keep my measuring cups in my bag..lol
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its straigtforward and id agree with the first poster is that there are plenty of things you cna do to make it easier for yourself. People make it harder than it needs to be. Keep it simple, learn how to do it properly by reading the stickies, control your deficit, be your own friend, be patient and commit. Measure using a scale not cups.
  • jenniferlashton5
    Options
    Ok thank you I'm a work in progress