Got my HRM today!!

Options
Got my Polar HRM today!! All set up!! Now I have to go to work. :explode: I will wear it while I work and see what it says. So happy I can get an accurate burn now. Been thinking it's not right as I am an endurance athlete and I think the data base approximates my burn higher than it actually is.

Sooooooo excited!! :love:

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I am in LOVE with my FT4... I refuse to work out without it :) Best money I ever spent hehe
    :) ENJOY!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    can't wait to get mine! it's not as fancy as yours but hopefully it gets the job done :)
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Love my FT4 too.

Make sure you wet the two gray patches on either side of the sending unit on the cheststrap before wearing it. Otherwise you won't get accurate readings.
  • doll2002
    doll2002 Posts: 427
    Options
    Love my FT4 too.

Make sure you wet the two gray patches on either side of the sending unit on the cheststrap before wearing it. Otherwise you won't get accurate readings.

I learned this the hard way. I had intentions to wet the straps before exercising but I forgot. I found out once I started walking and realized the calorie count was way off.
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine today :) I can't wait to get it!!!!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I am in LOVE with my FT4... I refuse to work out without it :) Best money I ever spent hehe

seriously think i am going to buy one from Sears today... they are on sale! :happy:
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I do hope you will posts updates on what you learn from wearing it. I'm really uneducated about this topic.
  • kiwi_tobi
    kiwi_tobi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a FT4 as well and I love it! You're totally right it's the best money i've ever spent. It makes me want to workout! It's great motivation!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have the rs800 which connects with a GPS for my bike rides. WAY COOL! It gives me feedback on how hard I am working, maps out my route on Google Earth, and shows me my heart rate graph and calorie burn. A great motivator for me. Hope yours works well for you. Keep up the good work!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    It really is a great investment!
    :)

seriously think i am going to buy one from Sears today... they are on sale! :happy:
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Had some fun with it at work. Can't wait to use it for a real workout. Just need to learn which buttons to push. LOL!! :tongue: