67 AND LOSING!

Options
Hi all. Greetings from Houston in the GREAT state of TEXAS!

I am 67 years old and have been battling my weight for most of my adult life. I have several chronic health issues, most NOT related to weight. I have tried every diet and weight loss idea known to man. Lose 85 and gain100 has been my story for many years.

I have lost 44 pounds in 5 weeks but have a huge amount yet to go. I am looking into Weight Loss Surgery and should know sometime this week if my Surgeon will do surgery on me with my health problems. That is the ONLY way I will be able to lose as much as I have to lose in the years I have left of my life! Exercise is hard as I have arthritis, even walking any distance. At my 41 pound weight loss which was just this past Friday, I decided to "treat" myself with something other than food. I found a good deal on EBay for a FitBit. It should be here in a few days. I consider this attempt at losing weight to be my "last stand". LOLOL

I look forward to getting to know y'all and hopefully some oldies but goodies like myself.

Replies

• Maryfour2015
    Maryfour2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am soon to be 73 yr. Just my opinion, but that sounds like a lot of weight loss in such a short time. At our age, I don't think we need to put that much strain on the heart. I must say congratulations on your determination, though. Hope we manage to keep up with our goals. I have to lose a total of 55 lb. I've managed to lose 12 lb. so far since mid-March.
  • louspeachy
    louspeachy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hope to have Weight Loss Surgery since I have so much more to lose. I have been eating what I would eat post-op when I reach the "real food" stage. My nutritionist said I was OK doing it since I was eating everything I really needed including protein and vitamins but was concerned about my burning out and abandoning the whole thing. So, I have increased my calories which I agree will help me to maintain what I have already lost and still keep losing though a bit slower.