The scale is confusing me...

Options
I worked out last night and somehow when I weighed myself this morning I gained a .5...how does that even make sense?

Replies

• mya2012
    mya2012 Posts: 18
    Options
    Could be water weight, How often do you weight yourself?
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    do you weigh yourself at the same time everyday? your weight can fluctuate up to 2 pouns a day, i know that when i weigh myself at 11 am i weigh 1.5 pounds less than i do when i weigh at 6pm.

so make sure you weigh yourself at the same times,
    as well indigestion could also make you have that .5 as well
  • tristanathan
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me this morning. I have to keep reminding myself that you should only check your weight once a week on the same day at the same time every week. During the week, your weight will fluctuate from day to day as your body adjusts to everything going on, but you should see general results on a weekly basis. You may just be holding extra water, so be sure you drink plenty of fluids to keep them flushed.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Weight is going to fluctuate a couple of pounds either way from day to day due to what you ate (sodium levels), water retention, hormones/PMS etc. You didn't gain half a pound of fat. But one workout won't make a difference in either direction. It will take a while..but it will make a difference! :-)
  • MsTamzyK
    MsTamzyK Posts: 45
    Options
    well I'm apart of this weightloss challenge thing at work and Tuesday is our weekly weigh-in day, I just wanted to see how I was doing yesterday to see if I could get a workout in and do some last minute improvement.
  • notoriousgtt
    notoriousgtt Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    well I'm apart of this weightloss challenge thing at work and Tuesday is our weekly weigh-in day, I just wanted to see how I was doing yesterday to see if I could get a workout in and do some last minute improvement.

Shame it doesn't work that way, the only way you'll get a last minute improvement is doing a nasty weight cut to get rid of water and they are soooo not fun.
  • MsTamzyK
    Options

Shame it doesn't work that way, the only way you'll get a last minute improvement is doing a nasty weight cut to get rid of water and they are soooo not fun.

oh :ohwell:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I have to take a day off right before weighing to see, I retain water terribly and my scale is always up and downa little through the days I exercise. I rest on thursday and weigh Friday AM, first thing.

Remember when you work your muscles, they retain water to heal.
  • MsTamzyK
    Options
    I have to take a day off right before weighing to see, I retain water terribly and my scale is always up and downa little through the days I exercise. I rest on thursday and weigh Friday AM, first thing.

Remember when you work your muscles, they retain water to heal.

I'll try that. Thx! :glasses:
  • notoriousgtt
    notoriousgtt Posts: 75 Member
    Options

oh :ohwell:

A not so nasty way to shift some water weight is with a thermoputic fat stripper. Take the tablets three times a day and you should notice a difference. Its still only water weight though...