so stressful.... yet so easy.....

Options
Hey, I'm a mom of a 2 year old & 6 month old, I feel I don't ever have enough time to exercise, I work in a management position where I'm required to be on call Monday - Friday, therefore I can never plan anything during the week, what are some things I can do to get exercise in without feeling guilty from taking away from my babies......

Replies

• Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Walk, walk, and walk some more! Someone posted on another thread that they do 10 lunges every time they use the bathroom. Dance with your children... everyone loves to move to music.
  • sc692374
    sc692374 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can understand the pressures on your time and how much you don't want activity to impact on your babies. I would suggest that you stop thinking of exercise as an hour long activity that takes you away from your family. Try instead to raise your heart rate often throughout the day or night. Start trying to incorporate some activity in small doses and work it up. Don't walk to the bathroom - lunge to the bathroom. Squat while you brush your teeth. Don't just take the stairs, run up the stairs. Do 20 burpees when you come home followed by a plank - that will only take a couple of minutes. Babies are a great weight - can you hold your baby and make her smile while you do glute bridges? Leg curls while you wash up. Wall push ups the moment you get up. Think of small exercises you can start putting into your day. They will be effective and you'll find your own way to incorporate more. Hope that Iinspires you to find some exercises you can add to your daily activities. Good luck!