Polar watch - Problems

NikkiDerrig386
NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
So I had my polar watch for about 2 years now. The HR kept geting lost and going to 00. I tried everything and had to send it in before the warranty was up. Turns out my stap wasnt good because I was not washing it correctly. GROSS!!! So if you have a ploar watch. Wash it after each use by hand and once a week throw it in the wash (NOT THE DRYER) once a week! The service was great!! If you are having problems I would send it in the get it checked out.......... :drinker:

Replies

• Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Yes! That's in the directions!
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Thanks for the tip, i have just made up my mind to purchase a polar after much research..
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    thanks for the remind! I am guessing COLD water wash? My booklet doesn't really specify?

thanks again :smooched:
  • PatrickInAustin
    PatrickInAustin Posts: 23 Member
    Yep, you gotta keep the darn thing clean. If it doesn't have a clean wet (I won't use the word 'moist') connection or contact with your skin, you're not going to have a consistent reading. Between that and the battery, those are two things to look out for.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    That probably why mine isn't working anymore either. Boo.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    thanks for the remind! I am guessing COLD water wash? My booklet doesn't really specify?

thanks again :smooched:

Um you know what I am not too sure
  • Debinapril
    Debinapril Posts: 53 Member
    If you're talking about the wearlink chest belt I always rinse it under the cold tap and hang it to dry after every use. I occasionally handwash it with soap in warm water. When I come to use it I run it under the warm tap, wipe off the excess water before putting it on to ensure a good connection and reading.

HTH
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    bump
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    I'm pretty sure mine says cold water, and not to use fabric softener. I rinse it after every use, hang to dry. Sometimes i soak it in a little oxyfresh when it's funky, and rinse well. Then on my off day, it goes through the laundry with my workout gear.
This discussion has been closed.