NSVs! 6 mile walk and inches lost!

Options
jumblejups
jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
Started on MFP post-partum 6 months ago, to lose 30lb of pregnancy weight gain and another 17lb that I was carrying pre-pregnancy. I've lost the 30lb (yay!) but I'm particularly encouraged by my NSVs.

Took my measurements yesterday, since starting I've lost 6" from the hips and 4" from the waist, and other losses around the body but these were the biggest.

Today is my first day back at work. I work quite far from home and have to take a bus then a train. However there's huge traffic around here so from leaving my house to getting to the station takes about 1.5 hours. The trip is 6 miles. I thought and thought... then this morning I decided to just go for it. I've been replacing more and more journeys with walking as it's my main form of exercise and I knew I wouldn't be too active today (desk based and getting home very late). So I decided to just go for it and walk the 6 miles to the station. Feeling energised and currently having my morning coffee on the train!

Hope you all have victories today!

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love the positivity on Success Stories :blush:

Ty!
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing what we can do when we just go for it? This is an awesome NSV!
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Wow, you at you go. That is a great workout!
  • desy617
    desy617 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Way to go. you did that B)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Wonderful idea! I used to walk to work (took 45 minutes) and I found that it really cleared my head and mentally prepared me for the day, in addition to the exercise. It is also nice that you have an alternative if the weather is just too crappy to walk. As my favorite poster from my college days says:

anoaviwhv1qc.jpg
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Nice good for you! I used to bike the 10 miles to my work. Though got me quite sweaty. haha. Hope your walk back feels just as strong. You are looking at like 15,000 steps for the day. Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!