Need motivation to lose 100+

Options
Just starting out, again! It's the story of my life... Down, up, down, up. Two years ago I did Medifast and lost 30 pounds, but stopped bc it was so costly, then I regained the 30 lbs plus 20 more! Oh, bother! Well, here I go again, sans Medifast this time; simply counting calories and exercising. Wish me luck! Anyone else need to lose as much? I'm almost tempted to try bariatric surgery!!

Replies

• NeeceeA
    NeeceeA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Nelda. I need to lose 86 pounds. Let's do it together!
  • AlyssaMcCarty
    AlyssaMcCarty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just wanted to say that you can do it!! I believe in you!! :D
  • shauna913
    shauna913 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I need.to lose 100+ pounds too..We could support each other
  • wholenewjessica
    wholenewjessica Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hello! I am new to mfp myself. I have made drastic changes in my eating habits and have been trying to exercise more. At my heaviest I was 309lbs. I am 28 years old and am 5'9". I am currently at 275lbs. Down 34lbs in a little less then 2 months. I have always been good at maintaining my weight but never could lose it. I would love to join in on your journey as I myself have 100+lbs to lose and would love to have someone to talk to and get support from. :) I have always been a up and down gainer myself, but I am nearing my usual slowing down point and need a good kick in the rear to keep me motivated through this inevitable plateau.
  • wholenewjessica
    wholenewjessica Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!! Hope you all have a good day, keep your chin up I know we can do it!!!
  • sheely96
    sheely96 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody. I'm Shells and I am new here on fitness Pal. Uhmm. I am working also on my weight. I have to lose 100+ pounds. And I hope we could support each other. I am only 19 years old and I want to change my life 4 ever!!
  • flitterfoot
    flitterfoot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm reasonably new to MFP but been losing weight since January. I started out at 341lb and I'm now down to 291lb. I need to lose another 150ish lb and pretty much hit a plateau so need all the motivation I can get my hands on lol.

Well done for taking the right path Shells, now is the time for you to lose the weight while your still young and if you can get into the habit of making the good choices now. Hopefully you'll never be like me which is in your forties and trying to undo a lifetime of bad habits.

I'm usually available if you need to rant or vent, anyone feel free to add me. Like Nelda I was tempted by surgery, them someone told me that most people who have it put most, if not all, the weight back on because they don't actually learn any new habits to keep the weight they lost off. So I revised my decision and figured I'd better learn the habits first, then if I can't lose past a certain point and need surgery (which I've been told is possible) them at least the habits will already be in place.
  • my3demonz562
    my3demonz562 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been using mfp for a while. I'm at my heaviest I've ever been in my life and seriously thinking about gastric by pass at 230lbs. Seeing the doctor write obese in my medical record was heart breaking. I have a 3 day starter pack for herb a life and I'm going to use that to kick start myself. I have to make it work. I am working out 3 days a week, a busy mom, and fairly active. Here I go .....
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Im up there also need to lose so much... after regaining from stress .. feel free to add me!
  • flitterfoot
    flitterfoot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Please remember if you are working out you may not lose weight as quickly, you may be gaining some muscle which is denser than fat. The plus side is that your clothes get looser on you, even thought the scales say you only lost a pound. I got really down heartened when I hit this plateau but had one of the instructors at the gym explain it to me. I still feel a little cheated by my scales thought.

I currently do one walk (building up to about 10km), one zumba class, one clubbercise class and one aquafit a week as well as trying to fit in one day at the gym and one swimming session with our youngest. It leaves me one day where I do nothing but bewail the extra calories I'm not getting lol.
  • BKmkdct22213
    BKmkdct22213 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am on my path to losing as well. Big lifestyle change for me. I am here to motivate and help. I will add you all.
  • nelda999
    nelda999 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It appears that we all have some company in this journey... Thanks for your support, hopefully each of us can set some realistic goals and do this together! I'll be here for you, and I'll be counting on y'all to help me.