Tips please!

Options
Anyone have any tips for me?! This is where I'm stuck! I don't feel fat (so please don't judge) but I DONT feel fit, what I do feel is sluggish and not very pretty. Haha. :( And please don't mind my mess of a head! I just woke up!

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    What's the question? You're already at a healthy weight, but you want to get fit, right? Lift weights and eat - simple as that.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You definitely *look* fit. Maybe begin couch to 5k and set a goal to run a 5k.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Do you lift? If not, look into a heavy lifting program. Strong curves, starting strength, Stronglifts, or New Rules of Lifting for Women are good programs.
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What Lyndsey said.... lift heavy and eat!
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy, incorporate some cardio, drink lots of water. If diet is an issue, try picking whole grains, lean meats, fruits and veggies. Allow yourself to satisfy cravings by fitting it into your calories for the day. Bottom line, if you want to feel better you will find a way, if you don't you will find an excuse.
  • btrepanier519
    btrepanier519 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well my daughter is 2, and I gained 80 pounds with her. So I feel I have extra "skin" if ya know what I mean. Is it possible to actually tighten that up? There was actually no question, the description of the post says "tips"... You replied with lift weights and eat. So thanks.
  • btrepanier519
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Lifting weights it is! Guess I better buy some!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Well my daughter is 2, and I gained 80 pounds with her. So I feel I have extra "skin" if ya know what I mean. Is it possible to actually tighten that up? There was actually no question, the description of the post says "tips"... You replied with lift weights and eat. So thanks.

How long ago did you give birth? Skin usually takes a little bit longer to catch up with weight loss, and time can fix some of that on its own. However, your skin will likely never be exactly the way it was before. A weight training program will have your stomach looking the best it could be, though.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Agree with lifting. Yes it will help to tighten up, but it won't get rid of the loose skin. What kind of tips are you looking for? As far as getting started with a weight lifting routine there are several free routines at bodybuilding.com. I did Jamie Eason Livefit which was a great place to start. You can also check out fitnessblender.com for cardio and weights.
    What about your diet? Weight loss/toning/recomposition is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Your diary is closed so I can't really comment on that.
  • BeFitBri2
    BeFitBri2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look great but I know what you mean when you say you don't "Feel" pretty or whatever. I feel the same way! People say I look like I'm in great shape, fit, etc. but sometimes I just don't feel like it! I hate to sound like a broken record but the other ladies are right. Start lifting weights. I started lifting 3 months ago and I am already seeing some serious progress. I used to be a bean pole but I actually have visible, strong muscles now and it's a huge confidence booster!! I eat 1600 cals a day but pay extremely close attention to my macros. I lift 6 days a week and incorporate about 30 minutes of cardio twice/week. Good luck, you already look amazing so I believe you'll see quick progress!
  • btrepanier519
    Options
    Awe! Thanks ladies! Def checking out the posts you sent AND def getting into weight lifting! Good for you girl! I'm so glad I posted! This is motivation to the fullest!
  • btrepanier519
    Options

How long ago did you give birth? Skin usually takes a little bit longer to catch up with weight loss, and time can fix some of that on its own. However, your skin will likely never be exactly the way it was before. A weight training program will have your stomach looking the best it could be, though.[/quote

I had her 2 years ago so I'm thinking this is my skin forever! :( I'm proud of myself, don't get me wrong, but still makes me feel a little insecure!
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you feel sluggish are you eating enough of the correct things. Before you rush off to lift weights make sure you have a decent diet.