Hitting a plateau or no longer losing?

Options
Hello guys, I've been using MFP for about 9 months now and I've lost more than 50 lbs, with a pretty consistent loss of 2 lbs per week for the past 3 or so months. I've gone from 220 to 161 no problem, no questions, with minimal fluctuations during the week if I weigh early. Maybe 1-2 lbs tops.

So last Saturday after weighing in at 161, I didn't change anything about my diet in terms of calorie count (1200 when I don't run, 1400 when I do) but I did change a bit cuz I started snacking a bit later at night before bed. I didn't eat more than usual, and I stopped the snacking after weighing in on Wednesday at 164, when generally I'd never be more than a pound higher. (I weighed Thurs. and Fri. too, still at 164.)

Today I weigh in at 165. I have no doubts in my calorie counts, I've been doing this for 60 lbs, and I'm vegan. I weigh everything and I read nutrition labels obsessively. I've been wondering if the weight gain could be due to the fact I've bumped my distance in my runs from about 2.5 miles tops, 3 days a week, to a solid 4 miles 6 days a week. I read online muscles can hold extra fluid with intense exercise.

But yesterday I weighed in after lunch at 160. What happened since then? All I ate after lunch was some edamame (110 cal.) and a lollipop (60 cal.) and a few glasses of water. Then I slept.

I'm losing my mind here, I can't drop my calories any more than I already have, and I love running more than most things so I don't want to stop. It's not my TOM or anything so I'm lost.

Anyone with more knowledge know whats going on? Thanks!

Replies

• charleykayesmom
    charleykayesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sent you a buddy request!

First off, congrats on the weight loss! That is amazing!!!!

I have lots of questions for you!!

How many times a day are you weighing yourself or how many times a week for that matter?
    Have you measured yourself!?
    How long have you been at that calorie level?
    Do you track your macros such as percentage of protein, carbs and fat per day?
    How much weight do you have left to lose? Is your goal fat loss and leaning out or just being at a certain weight?

I would love to help you out!
  • charleykayesmom
    charleykayesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sent you a buddy request!

First off, congrats on the weight loss! That is amazing!!!!

I have lots of questions for you!!

How many times a day are you weighing yourself or how many times a week for that matter?
    Have you measured yourself!?
    How long have you been at that calorie level?
    Do you track your macros such as percentage of protein, carbs and fat per day?
    How much weight do you have left to lose? Is your goal fat loss and leaning out or just being at a certain weight?

I would love to help you out!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    1. Be patient

You've used MFP for 9 months and (I'm guessing accurately) tracking your calories. Do you trust the system?

2. Exercise change can bring in water weight for muscle repair

3. Bodies are weird, female bodies even weirder.

My advice: be patient, eat enough to fuel your workouts, drink enough to keep hydrated.

Random animal gif to make you feel better/laugh.
    red-panda-playing-animated-gif-cute-animal-pictures.gif
  • notfromarizona
    notfromarizona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thanks, I like to think I'm just crazy and this is normal but idk.

and charliekayesmom, I weigh myself officially on Saturdays, but sometimes I'll sneak in a day or two during the week. And I measure every two weeks, my waist went from 28.5 to 27.5! I've been at this calorie level for a few months, since I was 173 or so. I don't track macros, but I'm on a high carb, low fat just by being vegan. I'd like to lose another 30 or so, be around 130, but I might change that once I get there.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. My first 60lbs came off relatively easily and now I seem to be stair-stepping. A big 2-3lb whoosh then 3 or 4 weeks of little ups and downs then another whoosh. Sadly I don't quite know the answer except to trust the process. That's all we can do!
    zyxst wrote: »
    Random animal gif to make you feel better/laugh.
    red-panda-playing-animated-gif-cute-animal-pictures.gif

This did make me laugh! Thanks!