Last June I was too fat and tired to get off the couch. Today, I hiked 7 miles!

Options
CoachJen71
CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
Almost a year on MFP and walking got me to a place where I could join my husband in Acadia today. It was beautiful!

I could use more strength, flexibility, and stability for those times I need to play mountain goat, and my bad knees and hips did give me some trouble, but I still managed to do it. And the cardio I have done this year was enough to keep me from getting breathless on the ascent. So I count today a win! *super proud*

Replies

• MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Way to go. U should be proud!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You are rightfully proud.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    That is really wonderful!
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Your day looks beautiful, and you and yours look amazing - well done!!! Great job :smile:

P.S. If strength is your goal, I always peddle strength training - Stronglifts and Starting Strength are some popular barbell training programs you could look into if you’re keen. I love feeling strong more than anything.
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    Your day looks beautiful, and you and yours look amazing - well done!!! Great job :smile:

P.S. If strength is your goal, I always peddle strength training - Stronglifts and Starting Strength are some popular barbell training programs you could look into if you’re keen. I love feeling strong more than anything.

Yes, aside from the desire to be able to eat a little more due to having more muscles :p I really want more strength for my functional fitness. Scrambling up and down rocks is hard work, and I struggled to pull myself up a lot today. It felt downright dangerous at times, and I think being in better shape would keep me safer. I will look into those programs for sure, thank you!
  • CoachJen71
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :)
  • ColoradoGrl
    ColoradoGrl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am so thrilled for you, Jen! You SHOULD be proud!!!!
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    Thanks, CG! *hugs*
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Well done.
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    Thank you!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    This is a great NSV. Congratulations!
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This is great! Congrats on your success!
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • FarahSyria
    FarahSyria Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING, good job :):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!