Lunch idea

Options
looking for good lunch idea ... Using grilled chicken ???

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    in a wrap, on top of a salad, along side a sweet potato (baked / roasted / steamed), with rice & beans
  • acooper0212
    acooper0212 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wrap is good idea .. I would usually use a mayo or ranch for dressing .. What would u use ?
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love it in a Greek salad, tossed with grape tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, green pepper, some kalamata olives, and a splash of basalmic vinegar. Sometimes I will add in mixed greens too..
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    What would u use ?
    Tzatziki is a good alternative. It's a Greek dip that's basically yogurt, cucumber, garlic and dill. Delicious.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The wrap with Tzatziki sounds good............

Caesar salad.....lettuce, croutons, parmesan cheese, light Caesar dressing

Asian salad.....lettuce, mandarin oranges, snap peas, a few chow mien noodles, Newman's Sesame Ginger dressing

Spinach salad with strawberries and pecans, balsamic dressing
  • acooper0212
    Options
    That does sound good ... Great idea
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Wrap is good idea .. I would usually use a mayo or ranch for dressing .. What would u use ?

You could just use less ranch or mayo. A tablespoon of ranch is 55 calories. Or you could make ranch with Greek yogurt and ranch dressing mix.

I have also used Laughing Cow cheese wedges as spreads. The garlic and herb is my favorite flavor. The chipotle is really good too.

My husband uses big romaine lettuce leaves as wraps instead of tortillas.
  • acooper0212
    Options
    Good ideas
    Never thought of lettuce as wrap !
  • _sacar
    _sacar Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    swirlybee wrote: »
    What would u use ?
    Tzatziki is a good alternative. It's a Greek dip that's basically yogurt, cucumber, garlic and dill. Delicious.

OH GOD, this stuff is the nectar of the gods! I get a giant tub at Costco for like $8. It's good with literally everything.
  • _sacar
    _sacar Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good ideas
    Never thought of lettuce as wrap !

You'd want to make sure you get the right kind. I use the giant green lettuce leaves. I feel like red lettuce is kinda too thin? Although it's my favorite lettuce :)

• acooper0212
    Options
    Thank you !!