Do You Ever...

Options
Equus5374
Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
...look back on the way you used to eat and/or think about food and wonder how you didn't end up weighing 1000 lbs?? I was thinking about a job I used to have. My co-workers and I would go out for breakfast and lunch quite frequently. I'd order a huge breakfast and then a large lunch as well. I never thought twice about how many calories I was consuming and didn't exercise much then either. I'm so grateful to MFP and all the wise guys here that have taught me the value of being cognizant about calories in-calories out.

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    yes I could just eat and eat but had abusive parents who made fun of me constantly so I would watch it somewhat, they were the only ones I can remember mean to me about it but it did keep me from getting too big or maybe they agitated me so I ate, who knows? I also took care of everyone but me. Glad to have the web now to teach us about nutrition.
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    First job out of college, working til 8pm each night, single so didn't have girlfriend or wife to keep me in tow...plus was earning good money so didn't have to worry about going to the supermarket to buy ingredients...just ate and drank. Work beers on Thursdays and Fridays, lots of fried food...played a lot of soccer and if it weren't for that I'd be the Michelin man.
    Now, I eat less than 1500 calories most days, do about 90 mins cardio each day (60 of which is my commute on a bike and 30 mins lunchtime jogging), drink one glass of wine about five days each month. Had one bottle of beer since March.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    yes I could just eat and eat but had abusive parents who made fun of me constantly so I would watch it somewhat, they were the only ones I can remember mean to me about it but it did keep me from getting too big or maybe they agitated me so I ate, who knows? I also took care of everyone but me. Glad to have the web now to teach us about nutrition.

Sorry to hear that. Glad you are learning the truth and taking care of yourself. I hope those wounds left by your parents heal as you give yourself more priority. :)
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Equus5374 wrote: »
    ...look back on the way you used to eat and/or think about food and wonder how you didn't end up weighing 1000 lbs?? I was thinking about a job I used to have. My co-workers and I would go out for breakfast and lunch quite frequently. I'd order a huge breakfast and then a large lunch as well. I never thought twice about how many calories I was consuming and didn't exercise much then either. I'm so grateful to MFP and all the wise guys here that have taught me the value of being cognizant about calories in-calories out.

I think about this ALL the time! I am surprised I didn't weigh more based on how I was eating. But it's also kind of depressing; On the flip side, I have given up so much, I think I'd weigh so much less--or at least this loss would be happening faster.

• alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have recently been consuming more sugar (which I haven't had much of due to a medical condition...please don't think I advocate no sugar for just people!) than normal. I'm super ravenous! Bottomless pit style! How did I survive this for so many years without becoming a balloon???
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I have had this exact thought, yes.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    When I look back I just feel like I'm a completely different person now. Not only did I use to eat excessively large portions and too many sweets, but I was so lazy!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    It's like night and day when I think about it. If I tried to eat a large portion now, it makes me feel so sick!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I just had a meal at smash burger, in the past I'd have something like that and not think twice about it. Well I automatically entered the calories in MFP and was like OMG 1200 cals for lunch! And to think I'd sometimes do that for dinner as well, no wonder I'd gained so much. Luckily even with that number and breakfast I still have 300 cals left and I'm going to the gym tonight. I let myself indulge every once in awhile, but man just one burger and fries is a portion too large for me to handle now.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    When I think about the way I used to eat, I get sad because I miss being able to eat that much food and not give a f***. I got given part of an Oreo cheesecake and can't even enjoy it without figuring out the weight and nutritional info.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    When I think about the way I used to eat, I get sad because I miss being able to eat that much food and not give a f***. I got given part of an Oreo cheesecake and can't even enjoy it without figuring out the weight and nutritional info.

Yup. I know I can't do it and be fit and healthy like I am, and I don't miss the awful heartburn, waking up in the middle of the night with stomach acid in my mouth.

But MAN do I miss just being able to eat what I want, as much as I want, without thinking about it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!