Eff you weekend

Options
For the first time since March the weekend won and I totally derailed! I made the stupid mistake of weighing myself this morning and I am up 3 lbs just from my weigh in Friday! I know I'm retaining all of those bad choices lol but dang it was hard to see. Back on today.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Water retention. Increased carbs and sodium will do it. It's temporary and will go away.
  • Someonegreat37
    Someonegreat37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Agreed with ninkyou - that'll do it. That said, I too had a horrible weekend calorie wise and am up several pounds, I know it's discouraging! Just by getting right back on track this week those extra pounds will fall off quickly :)
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Looks like a whole lot of this went around this weekend. I know I wasn't the only one on my feed regretting various life choices this weekend.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Water retention. Increased carbs and sodium will do it. It's temporary and will go away.
    Steak mashed potatoes bread blue cheese salad deli bagel pizza pizza pizza vodka margaritas beer McDonald's... Woah. That'll all do it. I even drank a ton of Pepsi which I never have/like. Well now that is out of my system. Lol
  • DanniB423
    Options
    Oh. And the drunken bag of Fritos. I never drink at all but we had a Nana-sitter this weekend plus it was my husbands birthday. This too shall pass lol
  • jacklfc88
    jacklfc88 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Steak mashed potatoes bread blue cheese salad deli bagel pizza pizza pizza vodka margaritas beer McDonald's... Woah. That'll all do it. I even drank a ton of Pepsi which I never have/like. Well now that is out of my system. Lol

haha yeah i've experienced weekends like that! so what, you've done it it happens just get back on it now :smiley:
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just think of it this way - in order to gain 3 lbs over 2 days, you would've had to have eaten 10,500 calories over your retention calorie allotment (so, for me that would be 10,500 + 1700 +1700 = 13900 calories in two days), and if you exercised at all, there'd be even more. I guess that's possible, but it's very, very unlikely. As others have said, it's likely water weight from eating differently than you normally do. Go back to your normal diet as soon as possible and enjoy watching those water pounds melt off in the next week or so.

I gained 5 lbs by camping this weekend. Felt weird about seeing the number at first, but then I figured out I would had to have eaten 22,900 to have actually gained fat. Truth is, it was super humid, I went on a 6 mile hike (which I came back from with super swollen ankles), and went off my diet a bit with some salty, deliciously fatty bratwursts and chips. It felt back to see those pounds back on, but it'll be awesome to see them coming back off again.
  • DanniB423
    Options
    Just think of it this way - in order to gain 3 lbs over 2 days, you would've had to have eaten 10,500 calories over your retention calorie allotment (so, for me that would be 10,500 + 1700 +1700 = 13900 calories in two days), and if you exercised at all, there'd be even more. I guess that's possible, but it's very, very unlikely. As others have said, it's likely water weight from eating differently than you normally do. Go back to your normal diet as soon as possible and enjoy watching those water pounds melt off in the next week or so.

I like you! Haha I know you are right. I have no idea why I even stepped on.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I always struggle with weekends. I'm up about a half pound. I need to get my own scale though.
  • jacklfc88
    jacklfc88 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

I like you! Haha I know you are right. I have no idea why I even stepped on.

stay off the scales, so much more to general wellbeing than weight. can be so demotivating after a weekend like that, you know you haven't done great but don't focus on it an compound it by going on the sad step. just get back on it! :)
  • _sacar
    _sacar Posts: 80 Member
    Options

OMG my husband and I went to McDonald's for dinner since we were mega busy and on a shoestring budget :( We both regretted it. It was a rough weekend for me too!

• JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm up 3 lbs from Friday too. I went to an event over the weekend with all you can eat food and open bar for 6 hours... I mean... it was free. How could I not? lol.

Just starting fresh today and since this is happened before and I weigh myself daily I know it'll be back to normal in a couple days!