Plateau torture!

Options
I suspected it last week after losing almost nothing, but I told myself it was okay and to kick butt with my workouts and I'd do better again. But sure enough, today for my weekly weigh in, I lost nothing. A quarter of a pound, technically, but it may as well be nothing. That's two weeks I'm hovering around the same weight :(. And it is NOT making a happy me. I'm trying to eat as well as I can, and I'm doing Turbofire and it's kicking my butt, but I think I finally lost 15 pounds and my body needs something different! Anyone have any suggestions to get past Plateau Purgatory? :(

Replies

• acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    im starting to zig zag my calories so hopefully that will help
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Are you doing cardio?
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Up your cardio. Most people stay doing the same thing over and over. If you do 20 minutes of cardio, up it to 25 next week. Add a minute each week. Same if you lift weights. Add 1-2 lbs extra each week. Before you know it, you'll be in the fitness competion championships. Hope it helps.
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If you make your diary open and public, we can take a look and try to help. The usual suspects may be to blame- not eating enough calories, too many carbs, not enough water, too much sodium. I find that when I really take an objective look at my past few weeks of intake, I can see where I have tripped myself up.
  • vickigee
    vickigee Posts: 36
    Options
    I did the same thing 1/2 # here and there then nothing and finally 1-1/2 pounds. Just don't give up remember that as your body turns to muscle that it weighs more and then you will lose again. Also we do stabilize at some point too. We need to change our exercises too as our bodies get use to what we are doing.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are totally normal and part of the process there is no sure fire way to bypass them because they are just part of the whole weight loss journey generally they last 1-3 weeks as long as your honest with food and exercise...and sticking with your plan..
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I was despairing over a long plateau. I remeasured and found I had lost an inch on my neck, waist and hips. Sometimes your success is not on the scale.
  • Danlol
    Danlol Posts: 32
    Options
    You should really take your measurments as well as check your weight. If you are gaining muscle it weighs more than fat so you will not see results in the number of Lbs. But if you take your measurments you will always know exactly how your body is slimming down.