CRAVINGS...help!

Options
They say cravings only last 20 minutes. I've been trying to have a glass a water and do something in order to distract myself but that sometimes doesn't work and I find myself still having cravings. Anybody have any idea?

Replies

• esjae68
    esjae68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sugar cravings?
    I either suck on a small lollie, or have chewy.
  • xJennyfromtheBlockx
    xJennyfromtheBlockx Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Water water water..eventually your body will adjust
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? If you are hungry, that's not going pass the way a craving will.

Make sure you are eating enough calories, and if you still feel hungry, try adding more protein and/or fibre to your diet to help fill you up. You look pretty thin in your profile pic, so I would probably not set my weight loss goal at anything faster than half a pound a week if I were you.

If it isn't hunger, you can either a) have a small amount of it, b) have something else that might give you the characteristic you are craving, like pickles for salty, fruit for sweet, etc., or c) just be firm with yourself and decide that you aren't going to cave. Once the decision is made, the tension and the discomfort will usually fade.
  • sheree2792
    sheree2792 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice! Going to be firm with myself and let my body adjust to not giving in to the cravings.
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Depends on what the craving is. In all honesty, if I'm still craving it after 40 minutes and after I've drank a lot of water, I try to find the best option to serve that craving (salty, sweet etc).
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Have some. Make it fit your calorie goal.
  • daniellemontondo
    daniellemontondo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a huge poster on my fridge. I put my feelings about why I want to lose weight on there. Every time I open the fridge, i can't help but read one of my motivational quotes off of it. It's a good reminder of why your working so hard and to keep pushing forward. Pinterest is awesome to find motivation quotes too.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Have some. Make it fit your calorie goal.
    This.
  • AlyssaPGoodiwn
    AlyssaPGoodiwn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Put lemon in your water it should help curb it maybe. works for me at least XD

are you eating small meals or three big meals?

Spreading out small meals that are healthy through out the day can help your body not feel so hungry.

But like everyone says water water sometimes the body can confuse hydration for hunger.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    sheree2792 wrote: »
    They say cravings only last 20 minutes. I've been trying to have a glass a water and do something in order to distract myself but that sometimes doesn't work and I find myself still having cravings. Anybody have any idea?

When if left sugar and grains cold turkey it was HELLISH for 14 days then the cravings just started to fade. Anything that will pass in 20 minutes would have to be only a mental craving I expect. When our cravings come from an over growth of bad bacteria, etc it will have to die off before it will stop demanding more sugar/grains I have read. I was using coconut oil to try to help kill off the bad stuff growing in my gut.

• sheree2792
    sheree2792 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can't thank all of you enough for all your ideas! You all are SO awesome. Can't wait to try some of the ideas you all gave me. Thank you all again!
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I find saving any treats till the end of the day and making sure they fit within my calories works really well. Keeps me on track all day knowing I get something awesome at the end of the day.