Just made a dessert that tasted like Snickers :O

Options
michelleion
michelleion Posts: 122 Member
Completely by accident! I had quite a few cals, fat and protein left and was craving dessert, so mixed one scoop of chocolate protein powder with about 85g Greek yogurt (plus some water to improve the consistency) and put a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter on top - it turned out massive and made me very full! Comes to around 350 cals though so not a light option but is great if you have a few left at the end of the day! Was like heaven for my mouth :D View my diary for today to see exactly what I used.

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing!! I wanna try!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i forgot what snickers taste like:laugh: but maybe cut the portion sizes to cut calories?
  • jnicole018
    jnicole018 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That sounds GREAT! How many carbs did it have do you know?
  • Jayshelle416
    Options
    omg BUMP. sounds so tasty imma try that
  • Jayshelle416
    Options
    omg BUMP. sounds so tasty imma try that
  • michelleion
    Options
    That sounds GREAT! How many carbs did it have do you know?

10 carbs apparently :) And yes, I think I would suggest a smaller portion in future, it was super filling!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    That sounds WAY yummy!
  • jackstraw001
    Options
    ooh la la!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Uh... heck YEAH!!!!! There's nothing wrong with a dessert like that!! I'd make the big amount, and split it up, and freeze it!

Thanks so much for the idea!! Especially since I need the extra protein, that's perfect!!! :)
  • michelleion
    Options
    Uh... heck YEAH!!!!! There's nothing wrong with a dessert like that!! I'd make the big amount, and split it up, and freeze it!

Thanks so much for the idea!! Especially since I need the extra protein, that's perfect!!! :)

I was thinking of freezing it too, does Greek yogurt freeze well? Will give it a go next time ^_^
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I do that all of the time w/ Greek yogurt!! Try using different flavors of sugar free puddings as well. You can definitely make it lower in calories. :bigsmile:
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    sounds delish, I will have to try this. Thank you
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • michelleion
    Options
    I do that all of the time w/ Greek yogurt!! Try using different flavors of sugar free puddings as well. You can definitely make it lower in calories. :bigsmile:

Cool! Will scour the supermarket for those the next time I go :)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    OMG! That sounds GREAT!!! You rock LOL. I have ALL those ingredients in my house too so this will help me eat this last 700 iritating calories! :)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I just made this recipe and it ROCKS! Its on a card now so I don't forget haha thanks!