Just had wls, looking 2 make friends!

Options
Hi all,

I recently had gastric bypass surgery (4.20.11) and was encouraged to use this site by my dietician to track my progress. I'm looking for friends- whether you've had wls or not!- to compare weight loss experiences with.

Thanks!

Replies

• rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for some one that had gastrc by pass. I had my surgery 9-21-10. What a journey it has been. So please add me, I think I could help you out a lot. And we will be able to relate since we had the same thing done. Best wishes:flowerforyou:
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I have not had WLS, but would still be willing to go through this journey with you!
  • terrijean04
    terrijean04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome ...I had lap band in Oct 09.......You can add me if you like.
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    Options
    I had WLS / RNY a little over 11 years ago.

good luck here and congrats!
  • coodycoo
    coodycoo Posts: 1
    Options
    hi i had wls on 2/23/11 at a wt of 241 as of today i weight in at 209
  • ChocoPudn
    ChocoPudn Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi I had wls nine yrs ago, I need help.!!!
  • jamc1976
    jamc1976 Posts: 1
    Options
    My name is Julia and I had my RNY on 3/18/11 and would love to have friends to share the journey with,since I often can't afford the monthly trip to my surgeon's office for the support group he sponsors.
  • breanners
    breanners Posts: 1
    Options
    I had wls surgery, lap band, 3 years ago, and had it taken out two months ago for complications. I'm really scared about gaining the weight I lost back and would love to meet people and have some support too!
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I haven't had surgery, But I still have quite a road ahead of me! Feel free to add me!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Had lap band feb 10, 2011. Would love to help out/ be helped by fellow WLS friends!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm on the short list for the WLS. I'm in the pre-operative stage of preparation and going through the checks and balances that get me to the operating table.

I may not have much to offer on the post op side but feel free to add me.