I need motivation.. :(

Well I currently weigh about 180 pounds. I'm a male who is 5ft7in and I want to get down to at least 165 pounds. Honestly i've struggled with my weight for as long as I could remember, and i've went dieting a numerous amount of times, i've tried exercising daily, but it's hard. I can go a couple days but then I start to get sad, lazy, and tired + I start to have somewhat bad headaches towards the end of the day. I really need help and motivation to keep going and stay strong bc honestly this is beyond brutal for me. Please help.

Replies

• adobrev
    adobrev Posts: 108 Member
    Hey Jeremy. We're kind of on the opposite side of the spectrum because I'm struggling to gain weight. But we both just need to take it a step at a time! I realized that dieting doesn't necessarily mean you need to cut out food in general, but to slightly change the ingredients and make what you're eating healthier. Like substitute vegetable oil with olive oil :)

Also do you exercise at home or do you go to the gym?
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    To be perfectly honest, motivation has to come from within. You have to want it badly enough to make some real changes. Baby steps. It doesn't all have to be at once. Specifically define your goal, find a plan that will help you meet your goal, and stick to it long enough to see results. A pity party and fake enthusiasm from strangers won't help you in the long run. Just being honest.

Bad headaches? If it's not from caffeine withdrawals, could it be from an aggressive calorie level? Your diary is closed so I can't give you any specific advice.

Here's some reading material that I share often (mainly because it helped me get where I am today):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • klsmotivation86
    klsmotivation86 Posts: 14 Member
    Like Adobrev said take it a step at a time. Remember weight gain did not happen over night so its not going to disappear overnight. You may be feeling that tired and lazy because of the possibility of not getting enough nutrients. What type of program are you on?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Part of me feels you should just get on with it, you are a young and presumable able bodied man, so theres nothing wrong with you.

For weight you need to check your logging and what you eat first.

For execisethen think about why you wnat to lose and the advantages it will bring. Are they worth making the effort for? it doesnt seem importnat enough for you.

Make it easier:
    1.Do soemthing you like or thats easy, swimming or walking are fine, start with 15 mins and keep adding 5 a day.
    2. Lazy is just your attitude you can decide not to be lazy if you want. You have a choice make it do you wnat to lose and get healthy or do you want to be a couch potato? Its a choice you make. Thats why if you start small even a lazy person can manage that and you just have to keep going.
    3. Fitness and improvements come quite quickly, it doesnt have to be hard, but by its nature exerting and pushing yourself a bit will increase your fitness.
    4. The fatigue could be poor diet. same goes for the headaches which could also be poor hydration.
    5. Nobody else cares, its just you needing to take responsibility for your own life. Its not brutal, you just arent approaching preparing and executing properly.

Look at how to lose weight and for goodness sake take it seriously and be prepared to pit some effort in if you want the results.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • JosieZeee
    JosieZeee Posts: 33 Member
    Try to take it slow, exercising everyday is extremely difficult. For me, I'm pretty much a couch potato. I'm either studying, watching shows or playing video games. So jumping right into it made me hate exercising.... Try doing 3 or 2 days a week of circuit training. They're usually only 20 min BUT you burn a lot of calories and fat in a short amount of time! You then have days in between to recover and relax :) when you gain more stamina increase it to 4 or 5 days a week. Msg me if you wanna chat for motivation and support