200 pounds to lose WITHOUT surgery...have you done it or are you close?

Options
I would love to hear your story! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me it's possible!!

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,962 Member
    Options
    Use the Search feature to find these posts - so inspirational!
    Good Luck! :)
  • piper229
    piper229 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have only need to lose 15 pounds. I am sure if you put your mind too it you will do it! Good luck.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    There are many on here who have lost 200 and then some. I have lost almost 90. You can do it.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
    One year ago I needed to lose 160 lb. Fast forward one year, I've lost 124 lb and have 36 to go!
  • 31st_Proverbs
    31st_Proverbs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    One of my "friends" user name cerakoala has lost 275. She's very inspiring.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I lost 100lbs and I know there are people on here that have done far more. It can be done. Those people who lose weight from surgery only really lose weight by eating less. They use the surgery to achieve the same thing you can achieve without surgery if you are determined enough. Surgery is painful and eating after surgery makes people feel sick and miserable for a while. Just think of the hunger pains as surgery pains and the headaches, shakes, and anxiety from not eating as the sickness you would feel if you had had the surgery. The pre and post op diet for surgery is very low calorie protein dense foods with the need to supplement vitamins and minerals. Its a good diet even if you are not getting surgery. Go see a doctor. Get blood work and tell him you will be starting a diet and you want to know what the lowest calorie count you should use is. See if he can prescribe a multivitamin that will ensure you get what your body needs to function. Good Luck!!
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey needing to lose at least 180. I've lost 94 so far :). You can do it, you just have to start.
  • amycfatnomore
    amycfatnomore Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It is VERY possible! I am down 160 pounds since February, 2014. Keep at it and you will do great!
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm working to lose at least 200 lbs, 229 to be exact. I started a year ago and I'm down 63 lbs. I have made a lot of changes in my life but I have backslided more times then I like but I refuse to beat myself up and keep moving forward. I don't want surgery. I don't feel its what's best for me. Add me as a friend. We can support and encourage each other.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have 125 lbs to lose. So far I'm down 11. I've definitely had a lot of setbacks, but I keep on trying. Bariatric surgery sounds awful. The entire thing. It actually sounds worse than continuing life as is. So nope on the surgery, yes to iron. From spinach and lifting weights.
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It is possible, but not easy. I've lost 192 pounds, with only a few left to lose.
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have about 220 pounds total to lose, and I am down 92. I know it can be done – I plan to, and I know plenty of people here who have. I am SO GLAD I didn't go the surgery route.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    If you search the very first post under success stories, you will see there are at least 2 people who lost more than 300 pounds sans the surgery and others who lst a tremendous amount of weight as well. You can definitely do it. Tge support on these forums are great.
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    145 lbs down here. Many 200 plus losers here though. Use the search members feature. Best yo you!
  • amycfatnomore
    amycfatnomore Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with this site already. Hearing other people say they've done it makes me feel even more determined! I know this won't be fast or easy...but will be SO worth it!
  • bey02
    bey02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have 200lbs to loose a couple weeks and I'm 13lbs down! Feel free to add me. WE GOT THIS!
  • mAmaBear912
    mAmaBear912 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started my journey in 2012 and have lost 144 pounds! From 273 to 129 it's definitely possible at the moment I'm 7 months pregnant but I have managed to only gain 18 pounds and still keep with my healthy lifestyle along with working out five days a week. And after my baby is here definitely can't wait to get back to the intense workouts lol
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I think sonewhere in the "helpful threads" sticky there are a few big losers, good luck!
  • dchwalek127
    dchwalek127 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my journey to lose at least 150 (I plan to re-evaluate at that point and see how I feel etc). Good luck and don't quit trying!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!