How do you change your bad eating habits?

Options
I love all food! I seem to be hungry all the time how do I change my bad eating habits from chocolate to big meals

Replies

• LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Something had to click in my mind for me to "straighten up". I'm a diabetic and I was just cruising along cheating here and there until my diabetic educator told me she wanted to change my insulin because I wasn't keeping it under control. Then my doctor told me my kidneys were being affected by my diabetes and I had to quit drinking anything but water. She said if I didn't lose weight and get numbers under control I wasn't long for this world. I promised my DE that if she held off on changing my insulin just one more month I would quit cheating and she agreed. I started weighing and measuring my food, counting carbs and calories. I gave up my beloved Diet Pepsi. Since December I've lost over 51 pounds, my numbers are normal and I take it one day at a time. Sometimes one hour at a time. I guess it's all about having a motivator. I hope this long winded explanation does help you. I wish you the very best of luck! :)
  • greekyogurtandpuppies
    greekyogurtandpuppies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    A good example could help- do you have any friends or family who are at a healthy weight and model good eating habits? Observe their eating behaviors and see if you can pick up anything. Also, I'm sure they'd be willing to show you now to cook some healthy new recipes.
  • gilliebee63
    gilliebee63 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I used to be the queen of unhealthy snacks at work. I now plan ahead, and when my appetite screams chips, I reach for the seed crackers or the fruit I bring with me.

It's not always easy though, but it helps to remind myself of the results I've seen and the fact that I want more progress. I even take a few minutes out of my day to look at success stories or other motivating posts here.

It's good that your asking the question and looking for help changing your patterns. I think you're in the right track. :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I loved food and still do. And still eat them all. Just not all at once, in one day, one sitting...after sitting around all week and not doing any exercise. Everything I ate today was delicious-everything from my pork chop to my mexican shrimp salad to berries and greek yogurt with pb2 and my dark chocolate. You can find a way to eat the things you love, and meet your goals!