Stretching Help

Options
Recently, I have started doing more cardio on the treadmill and have been having some issues with very sore muscles. This would be expected except that it's only in two areas: my outer hips, and back of my calves.

Can anyone suggest stretches to help work this soreness out?

Thank y'all!

Replies

• FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Try these stretches out, they're from the Insanity program and let you get a good full body stretch. They really stretch out your hip flexers, quadriceps, and calves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qELDg6Zo3ag
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a myo facial massage. It helps with spams and the pain you get in your calfs
  • XxStrengthInNumbersxX
    XxStrengthInNumbersxX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When I first started on the treadmill I'd get such sore calves the next morning it was almost unbearable. Now I've worked out how to stop this: make sure you start off walking for 5 minutes for a warm up and don't forget to cool down (walking as well). After the warm up, sit on the floor, stretch one leg out and touch your toes (or get as far as possible). I count to 40 on each side. Then put both legs out in front of you and try to touch your toes again, I count to 30. Repeat this before your cool down.
    I do this a couple of times during my run as well (hopping off the treadmill of course) because I want to get more flexible, and it's really working! :)
    Sorry but I'm not too sure about the hip ones.
    Good luck :)